Eurofins is one of the leading service providers for microbiological testing in Europe. The microbiological testing portfolio includes analytical services to detect pathogenic microbes and their toxins (such as Salmonellae, Listeriae, Legionella) or organisms causing decay (such as yeasts, fungi or moulds), to provide hygiene checks (e.g. site inspections but also sterility tests in packaging materials, measurement of airborne microbes) with the aim of making foods and other products such as cosmetics safer for our clients, meeting statutory requirements and protecting the consumer.
Eurofins offers both classical methods and modern methods (e.g. PCR methods) for rapid microbiological results. Eurofins can advise you based on the matrices at question which tests/methods can be used reliably.
Eurofins analyses according to the relevant local regulations but can also offer testing according to European Pharmacopoeia. In many countries Eurofins offers also sample taking, samples collection, auditing of sites and training on HACCP (on site and at our laboratories).
Eurofins offers analytical testing for a large number of matrices in some of the following food and product groups :
- Drinking water
- Animal feed
- Food ingredients/additives
- Packaging materials
- Utility articles
Pathogens and Toxins
Our microbiological testing detects and identifies a large number of pathogenic micro-organisms (pathogens) and their toxins, such as:
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Legionella pneumophila
- Escherichia coli O157 (E.coli)
- Vibrio spp.
- Clostridium perfringens
- Bacillus cereus
- Enterobacter sakazakii
- Staphylococcus aureus
In addition to the above, Eurofins offers some of the following related microbiological tests:
- Challenge tests
- Characterisation of micro-organisms (including the identification / characterisation of micro-organism strains)
- Shelf-life studies
- Hygiene parameters
Eurofins can thus offer its customers:
- A very comprehensive portfolio of microbiological analytical techniques.
- High quality and reliability of analysis, recognised by many customers and confirmed by many audits each year.
- Electronic results delivery that allow statistical analyses and trending of the results
- Advise from our experts that help our customers to translate numbers into action to prevent microbiological contamination of their products.
- Fast and swift service from our friendly staff - in the laboratory and when taking samples or conducting audits at customers' sites.
For more information please contact or your local Eurofins laboratory.