Your industry, our focus
Brands, manufacturers and retailers in the footwear industry must ensure end products are safe, durable, fit-for-purpose and compliant with regulations.
Our global footwear network laboratory network includes two specific competence centres for leather and footwear as well as a number of production laboratories providing a wide range of testing and evaluation services.
Eurofins can fulfill testing needs for a wide range of footwear including:
- Children and adult shoes
- Casual shoes
- Dress shoes
- Safety shoes
- Winter boots
- Rain boots
- Work shoes and boots
- Athletic and sports shoes
Our laboratories offer fault diagnosis and performance testing such as slip and skid resistance, choking hazards for children, work shoe steel toe protection, and high heel fatigue resistance, impact and attachment strength among others. Evaluating upper materials, sole materials, miscellaneous components, complete shoe and special requirements are also part of the Eurofins offering.
We also provide comprehensive chemical and analytical testing services. Chemical testing for restricted substances in footwear components is important. Common restricted substances identified include azo-dyes, chromium VI, formaldehyde, nickel, phthalates, lead, nickel, mercury in surface coatings, etc.
Testing methods/standards covered by Eurofins include:
- European Standard (EN)
- International Standard (ISO)
- China Standard (GB)
- Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS)
- British Standard Institution (BS)
- American Association of Textile and Chemist and Colorists (AATCC)
- American Standard Test of Materials (ASTM)
- Shoe and Allied Trades Research Association (SATRA)
- International Union of Leather Technologists & Chemical Society (IULTCS)
- German Standard (DIN)
- France Standard (NF)
- California Proposition 65
- ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme
Contact us for further information and to discuss your testing needs.