Electrical Parts & Components
Your industry, our focus
Achieving and maintaining ongoing regulatory compliance for electronic parts and components
Eurofins' international network of electrical and electronics (E&E) laboratories is strategically located to serve designers, manufacturers, brand owners and retailers throughout their electrical parts and components' product development and manufacturing lifecycles.
Our bespoke end-to-end solutions can help you achieve the necessary regulatory compliance and certifications for global market access, then ensure ongoing product quality assurance and quality control.
Electronic part & component ranges we serve
Parts and components we provide compliance services for include, but are not limited to:
- Cables & cords
- Switches and automatic controls for electrical household appliances
- Plugs & adapters
- Socket outlets
- Control equipment for measurement, control & laboratory (MCL) equipment
- Lighting & luminaire sub-components and switches
- Optical components; optical testing from Eurofins MET labs
- batteries, cells & accumulators
- Power transformers/conversion equipment
- Power supplies
Electrical Parts & Component Testing services
Electrical & electronics testing* **
Testing services for regulatory compliance of electrical and electronic parts and components include, but are not limited to:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Electrical safety
- IEC 60947-4-1; electromechanical contactors & controllers
- IEC 61010-2-201; MCL control equipment
- IEC 60947-5; low voltage switchgear & controlgear
- IEC 61800-5; adjustable speed electrical power drive systems
- IEC 60974; arc welding equipment
- IEC 61810; electromechanical elementary relays
- Electromagnetic fields (EMF)
- Environmental simulation
- Acoustic emissions
- Energy Efficiency
- Failure analysis and bench-marking
- Performance & fitness for use
- Chemical testing
- Optical testing
- IEC 61300-3-2; polarization dependent loss in a single-mode fibre optic
- IEC 61300-3-29; Spectral transfer characteristics of DWDM devices
- GR 1209-CORE; passive optical components
- GR 1221-CORE; reliability assurance requirements fro passive optical devices
- Services for parts and components going into special environments;
*Where IEC standards are referred to, national and regional variations are also applicable including, but not limited to; ANSI/AAMI, UL, ISO, CAN/CSA, JIS, EN, ENV, BS EN, DD ENV and BS IEC.
**The regulations and standards above are not a full list of those within our capabilities; please enquire on a case by case basis.
Digital testing services
Eurofins Digital Testing services offers digital and cyber security testing services for parts and components with a digital interface covering; security, functional testing, interoperability, performance & stability, compatibility.
Certifications, Approvals and Global Market Access
We offer bespoke testing and certification solutions to enable you to access the global markets of your choice.
A number of our E&E laboratories operate as IECEE CB scheme certification bodies and CBTLs for accessing a global markets in a cost and time effective manner. Eurofins MET laboratories is an NRTL and SCC certification body, enabling us to certify products to access the US and Canadian markets, respectively.
For European Markets we also operate as notified bodies for the EMC Directive and Radio Equipment Directive. For lighting going into special environments, we also operate as Notified Bodies for the ATEX Directive, Medical Device Directive and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Directive.
View our longer, non-exhaustive list of certifications and approvals or contact your local E&E laboratory for more details.
Quality Assurance & Control
Our global network of laboratories has hubs in key manufacturing regions of the world. In addition to the services we are able to offer for product development projects, help is also on-hand from Eurofins Product Testing for manufacturers, brand owners and retailers to ensure ongoing quality assurance and quality control of their electronic and electrical parts and components.
Component Expert Services & Training
Our Global locations' teams of regulatory compliance experts offer a full range of bespoke services and training solutions to enable designers, manufacturers, brand owners and retailers to achieve, ensure and maintain compliance in the most cost and time effective manner for electrical product parts and components.
Training services are available covering designing for EMC, electrical safety and radio & wireless regulatory compliance.
Expert & regulatory services include, but are not limited to, compliance checks, gap analyses, technical documentation review and preparation, design guidance and trouble shooting.
For more information contact your local Eurofins E&E Laboratory.Get a quote