Measurement, Control & Laboratory Equipment
Measurement, Control & Laboratory Equipment Regulatory Services
Eurofins' international network of electrical and electronics (E&E) laboratories offers accredited testing, inspection and certification services for measurement, control & laboratory (MCL) equipment for compliance with European, US, Canadian and other global markets.
Testing services* **
Accredited testing services include those for compliance with international generic and product specific standards and directives including, but not limited to:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Testing
- EN 61326-1; electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control and Laboratory Use
- EN 61326-2-6; in vitro diagnostic medical equipment
- EN 50270; Electrical apparatus for the detection and measurement of combustible gases, toxic gases or oxygen
- IEC/EN 61000-3-2; harmonic current emissions
- IEC/EN 61000-3-3; Fluctuations and Flickers
- Electrical Safety Testing:
- IEC 61010-1; general electrical safety requirements for laboratory equipment
- IEC 61010-2-081; automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment
- IEC 61010-2-091; cabinet X-Ray Systems
- IEC 61010-2-10; laboratory equipment for the heating of materials
- IEC 61010-2-101; in vitro diagnostic medical equipment
- Radio and Wireless
- Environmental simulation
- Energy efficiency
- Meter testing
- Hazardous location testing
- Digital Testing and Cyber security
For a complete list of testing services available for MCL equipment, view our testing services.
*Where IEC standards are referred to, national and regional variations are also applicable including, but not limited to; ANSI/AAMI, UL, ISO, CAN/CSA, JIS, EN, ENV, BS EN, DD ENV and BS IEC.
**The regulations and standards above are not a full list of those within our capabilities; please enquire on a case by case basis.
We offer a wide range of training courses applicable to measurement, control and laboratory equipment. Topics range from product EMC design through to specialist regulatory requirements. Training formats include:
- Free lunchtime reviews
- Half to full day awareness courses on topical areas of compliance
- One to five day seminar-based courses
- Online webinars and courses
Our experienced teams of compliance engineers offer a range of expert services tailored to your specific regulatory compliance needs. Our bespoke solutions cover all aspects of MCL testing and certifications. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Standards choice and gap analyses
- Compliance and technical documentation reviews
- Customised test plan development
- Evaluation of production techniques and procurement
- Ongoing compliance
Certifications and approvals
A number of our E&E laboratories operate as CB scheme certification bodies and CBTLs for accessing a global market. Eurofins MET laboratories is an NRTL and SCC certification body, enabling us to certify products to access the US and Canadian markets, respectively.
View our longer, non-exhaustive list of certifications and approvals or contact your local E&E laboratory for more details.
Global market access
We offer bespoke solutions to enable you to access the global markets of your choice.
Contact your local E&E laboratory to access all of our regulatory compliance solutions for Measurement Control & Laboratory Equipment through a single point of contact.