Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Products, devices and equipment with electronic functions have the potential of emitting and being affected by electromagnetic fields, which may cause unwanted effects such as electromagnetic interference or even physical damage in other devices.
EMC Testing is meant to ensure that your product’s electronic emissions will not affect the normal operation of, nor be affected by, other products within the same environment (Emission and Immunity).
Several international organizations have joined efforts in promoting the harmonization of the today existing EMC standards, although compliance with national or international standards is still usually laid down by laws passing by individual countries.
For instance, meeting the requirements of the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive, 2014/30/EU, is an essential part of the CE (Conformite Européene) Marking process, while the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) in the US mandatory follows its own strict protocols for EMC.
Our expert teams can support you by providing the necessary guidance to identify, meet and exceed the requirements to market your product in your destination countries.
- Measurements in the course of development and modification (troubleshooting)
- On-site measurement of large equipment and fixed installations.
- EMC Testing for global access certifications
- CE marking
- CB-Scheme (IECEE)
- E marking
- Radiated emissions
- Conducted emissions
- Harmonic emissions
- Radiated immunity
- Conducted Radio Frequency immunity
- Immunity to Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Immunity to Electrical Fast Transient/Burst (EFTB)
- Surge immunity
- Immunity to Voltage Dips and Interruptions (VDI)
- Immunity to magnetic fields
EMC Service Range
- Regulatory compliance
- Pre-compliance and compliance service
- EMC design evaluation
- Post-test failure practical advice
- Fully accredited Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing
- On-going compliance checks
EMC Testing is Served to Multiple Industries
- Aeronautics & Aviation
- Industrial Electronics
- Information Technology
- Measurement, Control and Laboratory Equipment
- Radio and Communications Equipment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Consumer Electronics