Acoustic Emissions & Calibrations
Accredited laboratory and on-site testing of acoustic emissions
Noise emission needs to be controlled at home, in the workplace and built environments. Regulations are therefore enforced to ensure that products and environments are in compliance with national and international noise emission / acoustic regulations.
Eurofins electrical and electronic (E&E) and Industrial testing laboratories offer a range of services to help you ensure that you meet the necessary noise emission requirements for both electronic and non-electrical noise contributing factors, including acoustic testing and calibration of noise testing instrumentation.
Noise emission measurements of electronic products and machinery
Or accredited services offer acoustic testing for household & professional appliances, toys & children's products, power tools, industrial plants and machines, electrical and mechanical equipment including:
- Sound Power and Intensity Level tests
- Tests to assess conformity with the European Machinery Directive (MD) 2006/42/EC
- Tests to assess conformity with the European Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU
- Tests to assess conformity with the European Outdoor Noise Emission Directive 2000/14/EC
Acoustic tests we perform include:
- Sound power and pressure level measurement
- Acoustic intensimetry measurement
- Acoustic insulation
- Calibration of phonometers and accelerometers
- We are a Verizon/AT&T accredited lab for acoustic requirements
We operate as Notified Bodies:
- Outdoor Noise Emission Directive 2000/14/EC; Notified Body No. 0477 (Italy)
- Machinery Directive (MD) 2006/42/EC; Notified Bodies No. 0477 (Italy), No. 0537 (Finland), No. 0681 (Germany), No. 1258 (Switzerland)
Acoustic characterisation of materials and non-electrical products
Our acoustic experts are on hand to help you with acoustic characterisation of materials and products. We help both manufacturers and installers to ensure that their materials and products exhibit the desired and expected acoustic characteristics. Product ranges covered include:
- Construction products; e.g. barriers, walls, movable walls, floors
- Materials; e.g. textiles, paints, tiles, paddings, upholstery
- Personal protective equipment (PPE); e.g. self-contained breathing apparatus, ear protection, earplugs, protective devices for motor cyclists
Acoustic tests we perform include:
- Sound insulation assessments; laboratory-based and on-site (in-situ) for sound insulation in buildings and building elements
- Sound absorption assessments
Our laboratory in Italy is a Notified Body No. 0477 under European Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Directive 89/686/EEC and Regulation (EU) 2016/425 for head protection, hearing protection and respiratory protection.
Compliance of road traffic noise barriers
We offer fully accredited testing in accordance with EN 14388 for road traffic noise reducing devices such as road noise barriers and related components, including situation tests (Adrienne method).
Eurofins has three laboratories which operate as Notified Bodies under Construction Products Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 (CPR) for road noise barriers; Notified Bodies No. 0477 (Italy), No. 0809 (Finland), No. 2657 (Denmark).
Acoustic Instrument Calibrations
Our Italian operation is an accredited calibration centre LAT No. 062 for:
- Phonometers; calibration of sound level meters
- Accelerometer calibration
Other instrument calibrations are available including electronic calibrations.
For more information about our acoustic noise emissions testing and notified body services please contact your local E&E laboratory.