Aerospace and Airborne Equipment
Your Trusted Aviation Testing Partner
Eurofins Product Testing provides the services for civil, commercial and military aircraft to help you meet your compliance requirements:
- Electrical and electronic (E&E) components, parts, assemblies and systems
- Lightweight structures
- Digital and media
- Cyber Security
- Medical devices
Electrical and Electronic Aeronautic Testing Services
RTCA / DO-160
The Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics (RTCA) DO-160 standard on environmental conditions and test procedures for airborne equipment, is a key standard for the testing of avionics hardware. It is applicable to civil, military and commercial aircraft.
We offer testing and compliance services covering almost all of the sections of RTCA/ DO-160 (4 -22, 24 -25) and also offer testing for compliance with some manufacturer-specific aircraft standards including Airbus and Boeing.
Eurofins Electrical and Electronics (E&E) provides the following services for aircraft components, parts and systems:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) including high intensity radiated fields (HIRF)
- RTCA /DO-160
- Boeing D6-16050-5
- Airbus-specific standards
- Mechanical and Climatic Environmental Simulation
- RTCA /DO-160
- Acoustic testing
- Radio & wireless testing
- Electrical product safety
- Explosive proofness & flammability; RTCA /DO-160
- Fiber optic testing; AS5382, AS5675, MA 5405, AS 5590
- Electric power and quality characteristics; MIL-STD-704, Boeing 787B3-0147
- Lightning testing; RTCA/ DO-160 (section 22), MIL-STD-464
- Failure analysis & Performance testing
- Medical device testing; 60601
View our full list of electrical & electronic testing services.
Market access, certification and approvals
Eurofins E&E offers Market access, certifications and approvals services to help you get your aerospace and aviation products to market in a cost and time effective manner. Our certification and approvals services include, but are not limited to:
- Notified Body services. We operate as Notified Bodies (NB) for the following applicable European CE marking Directives:
- 2014/35/EU Electromagnetic compatibility; NB No. 0477 in Italy, No. 2635 & 2636 in the UK.
- 2014/53/EU Radio Equipment Directive (RED); NB No. 0477 in Italy & No. 0681 in Germany
- 2014/34/EU ATEX; NB No. 0477 in Italy, No. 0537 in Finland & No. 1258 in Switzerland
- Global certification services
- Independent Safety Assessments ISA for Safety Critical Hardware, Software, Functions and Systems IEC 61508
View our longer, non-exhaustive list of certifications and approvals, or contact your local E&E laboratory for more information.
Expert services, regulatory & training
Our compliance expert teams are on-hand to help with your additional regulatory and training needs. View our Expert services and training pages or contact your local E&E lab for more information.
Light Weight Structures
We offer physio-mechanical testing of lightweight structures including:
- Mechanical testing of adhesive
- Mechanical testing of composites
- Mechanical testing of lightway (lighting) structures
- Physical and chemical properties of materials
Contact Eurofins Expert Services for more information.
Digital and Media
Eurofins Digital Testing offers digital media and state-of-the-art cyber security testing services.
For more information about how we can help you achieve compliance for your aviation industry electrical products, please contact your local E&E laboratory.