Testing and Certification Services for Multimedia Equipment, Audio, Video & Information Technology Products
We can provide professional safety, EMC, radio & wireless and digital testing and global market access certification services, as well as energy efficiency testing and certification for the following product categories (non-exhaustive list):
- CRT, LCD and rear projection TVs
- Set-top boxes
- Speakers and sound systems
- Audio mixing consoles
- VCD, DVD Players
- Microphone, professional headsets
- Video recorders
- Other audio, video (A/V) products
- Information technology
CISPR (International Special Committee on Radio Interference) Multimedia Equipment Standards
Multimedia equipment (MME) refers to electrical consumer products which belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Information technology equipment (ITE)
- Broadcast receivers
- Professional audio, video (A/V) equipment
Formerly, each of these three classifications had their own international standards, but technological advances led to them being superseded by the internationally recognised CISPR Multimedia Equipment Standards CISPR 35 and CISPR 32 which came into force widely in 2017.
CISPR 32 and CISPR 35 MME standards are applied to products based upon their primary functions rather than what they are called, where a primary function is "any function of MME considered essential for the user or the majority of users".
Testing services* **
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing
- CISPR 32 / EN 55032 / KN 32; EMC immunity of MME
- CISPR 35 / EN 55035 / KN 35; EMC Emissions of MME
- IEC/EN 61000-3-2; harmonic current emissions
- IEC/EN 61000-3-3; Fluctuations and Flickers
- Electrical safety testing
- IEC 62368-1 / EN 62368-1; audio, video and information technology equipment (ITE), which is superseding IEC 60950-1 (EN 60950-1) and IEC 60065 (EN 60065)
- IEC 62133-1; secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes
- IEC 62133-2; portable sealed secondary lithium cells and batteries
- Radio and Wireless
- Environmental simulation
- Energy Efficiency
- ENERGY STAR®
- EU Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC
- Energy labelling Directive (EU) 2017/1369; (EU) No. 518/2014
- EU regulation (EC) 1275/2008, (EU) No. 801/2013 for power consumption limits; EN 50564
- Digital Testing and Cyber security
- Failure analysis
For a complete list of services available for multimedia equipment, view our testing services.
*Where IEC standards are referred to, national and regional variations are also applicable including, but not limited to; ANSI/AAMI, UL, ISO, CAN/CSA, JIS, EN, ENV, BS EN, DD ENV and BS IEC.
**The regulations and standards above are not a full list of those within our capabilities; please enquire on a case by case basis.
We offer a wide range of training courses applicable to Multimedia Equipment compliance. Topics range from product EMC design through to specialist regulatory requirements with training formats including:
- Free lunchtime reviews
- Half to full day awareness courses on specific areas of compliance
- One to five day seminar-based courses
- Online webinars and courses
Our experienced teams of compliance engineers offer a range of expert services tailored to your specific regulatory compliance needs. Our bespoke solutions cover all aspects of Multimedia testing and certifications. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Standards choice and gap analyses
- Compliance and technical documentation reviews
- Customised test plan development
- Evaluation of production techniques and procurement
- Ongoing compliance
Certifications and approvals
A number of our E&E laboratories operate as CB scheme certification bodies and CBTLs for accessing a global market. Eurofins MET laboratories is an NRTL and SCC certification body, enabling us to certify products to access the US and Canadian markets, respectively.
View our longer, non-exhaustive list of certifications and approvals or contact your local E&E laboratory for more details.
Global market access
We offer bespoke solutions to enable you to access the global markets of your choice.
Contact your local E&E laboratory to access all of our regulatory compliance solutions for Multimedia Equipment Equipment through a single point of contact.