Radio Equipment & Wireless Testing
Accredited testing, approvals & certification services for wireless / RF devices.
Regulatory changes and demanding testing procedures put wireless and radio frequency (RF) product manufacturers under pressure to adhere to updated market requirements.
In addition to a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape, as intentional transmitters, radio equipment, wireless and other RF devices are strictly regulated in most countries and global regions in order to protect the radio spectrum and emergency services. Therefore, to be able place RF devices onto many markets, accredited testing, approvals and certification is required.
Our global network of Electrical and Electronic (E&E) testing laboratories can help you navigate the complex process of complying with radio equipment performance testing, approvals and certification requirements; to ensure your wireless and RF products are compliant, compatible and reliable.
International wireless testing and type approvals
Accredited testing and certification services are available for Radio equipment / wireless technology interfaces (sometimes referred to as intentional radiators) and RF devices. Eurofins E&E laboratories operate as notified and certification bodies under a number of national and international schemes. As such, we can help you gain access to global markets including, but not limited to:
- Europe; Compliance with the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU for CE Marking
- America; FCC testing and approvals
- Canada; through ISED (formerly Industry Canada) testing and approvals
- Japan; TELEC, Ordinance and ARIB testing and RCB approval according to the Japanese Radio Law at the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC)
- Australia & New Zealand: ACMA Australian Communications and Media Authority (RCM mark)
- Korea; Korea Communications Commission (KCC) approval at the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP)
- Vietnam; MIC
- Taiwan; BSMI
- We also have CTIA accredited test facilities; exemplary regional accreditation bodies are A2LA, SAS, DAkkS and CNAS.
Global market access
Our E&E laboratories offer a bespoke global market access service to help you attain the necessary approvals and certifications in your chosen combination of markets and countries. We guide you through the compliance process; assess testing requirements, test for compliance with the necessary standards, co-ordinate transactions between manufacturers and authorities to gain the necessary type-approvals and certifications for your radio equipment / wireless products.
We operate as European Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/ EU Notified bodies No. 0477 in Italy, No. 0861 in Germany and No. 0980 in the US.
Service Coverage Includes
- Dynamic Frequency Selection / Transmit Power Control
- WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- FCC accredited and ISED Testing & Certification
- FCC TCB services
- Japanese TELEC (MIC RCB)
- AS/NZS (ACMA, arpansa)
- Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) Testing
- Smart home wireless type approvals
- Bluetooth® 5
- Bluetooth® SIG (BQTF & Bluetooth Qualification Consultant)
- IEEE 802.15.4 (ZigBee)
- GSM / EGPRS / UMTS / WCDMA / LTE / NB-IoT / LTE-M2M
- Mobile Network Operator Approvals (PTCRB)
- RFID / NFC testing
- DECT / DECT 6.0 (UPCS)
- SRD / ANT+/CSS Chirp
- PMR / LMR / Maritime
- 2D Antenna Pattern Measurements
- OTA / 3D Antenna Pattern Measurements
- Testing to standards for compliance with the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU
- Verison ITL independent testing laboratory approvals
To find out more contact your local Eurofins E&E laboratory.