Railway Rolling Stock, Infrastructure & Equipment
Testing, Expert Services & Training Solutions for the Rail Industry
Eurofins E&E and Industrial laboratories provide compliance services tailored to the Railway industry for overground and underground networks, infrastructure, rolling stock and their apparatus.
Our services cover:
- Electrical & electronic equipment and apparatus
- Rolling stock
- Signalling systems
- Power supply and sub-stations
- Rail infrastructure & networks
- Large apparatus
Of particular importance in the Rail industry is Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC). Rolling stock, rail infrastructure, signalling, equipment and apparatus going onto and into the rail networks are all subject to specific EMC compliance requirements. We hold expertise in Rail EMC compliance at national and international level with a global reputation as the go-to experts for rail EMC troubleshooting.
Testing & Certification Services
Rail compliance testing services
Laboratory-based and on-site testing and surveys we offer for the rail industry includes, but is not limited to:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC); laboratory-based and on-site assessments and surveys
- EN 50121 series
- EN 50121
- Network-operator specific standards
- Fixed installation pre- and post-energisation testing
- Manufacturer and network operator-specific requirements
- Electromagnetic fields (EMF) testing and on-site surveys
- EN 50500
- Electrical safety
- Radio & wireless testing
- Acoustic testing
- Mechanical and environmental simulation testing
- Explosive environment (including mining); IECEx, ATEX, HazLoc
- Digital, Media and Cyber Security
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) & emissions testing
- Textile testing
- Fire testing; materials and components used for railway vehicles & trains EN 45545-2
- Chemical testing
View our complete set of electrical & electronic commercial & industrial testing capabilities.
Accessing global markets; certifications and approvals
We offer a variety of certification and approvals services to enable Railway equipment, signalling and rolling stock be compliant with national and international regulations and directives including, but not limited to:
- European Notified Body (NB) Services
- 2008/57/EC Interoperability of the rail system within the community; NB No. 0537 in Finland
- 2014/35/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive; NB No. 0477 in Italy, No. 2635 & 2636 in the UK
- 2014/53/EU Radio Equipment Directive (RED); NB No. 0477 in Italy & No. 0681 in Germany
- Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) for railways in accordance with
- Eurofins MET National Recognized Test Laboratory (NRTL) & Standards Council of Canada (SCC) certification body services for accessing the US and Canada, respectively
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB) service for USA and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) Foreign Certification Body (FCB) service for Canada for radio and wireless approvals
- IECEE CB Scheme for electrical safety
We offer bespoke global market access services tailored to your choice of markets.
View our longer, non-exhaustive list of certifications and approvals, or contact your local E&E laboratory for more information.
Expert Services and Training
We hold specific expertise in global railway EMC compliance, management and control and for Rail EMC troubleshooting.
Railway EMC expert Services
- Rail EMC project management and control plans
- Infrastructure EMC
- Cable studies
- EN 50121-X series EMC standards
- electromagnetic (EM) HAZID and risk management
- Fixed installations documentation
- theoretical and computational assessments and problem solving
Contact your local E&E laboratory or Eurofins York for more information.
Railway EMC training
- Essentials of Railway EMC; this one day course is an introduction to the essential aspects of EMC in rail
- Fundamentals of EMC in Railways; our internationally attended five day training course is suitable for rolling stock, projects and apparatus
- Bespoke and in-house rail EMC training
Contact Eurofins York for more information on our EMC in rail training courses.
For our rail expert services solutions not specifically related to EMC, view our general expert, regulatory & training pages.
For more information and to access all of our services through a single point, contact your local Eurofins Electrical & Electronics (E&E) laboratory.