Defence & Military
Your industry, our focus
Military Testing & Expert Services Including EMC and Extreme Environmental Simulation
Eurofins E&E and Industrial services provides testing and expert services for military and defence environments, products and applications through our global network of test laboratories and Expert Services teams.
Military standards are significantly more onerous than commercial ones due to the harsh conditions involved. The breadth of services we offer enables military and defence-related projects and products ensure that systems and subsystems achieve the stringent performance, reliability and quality criteria required.
We hold particular expertise in the areas of extreme environmental simulation and electromagnetics for the defence industry and its supply chain.
If your project requires specific security clearance, please enquire at our York, location in the United Kingdom.
Military and Defence Testing Services
Compliance testing services available include, but are not limited to:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- DEF STAN 59-411
- AECTP 250 and AECTP 500 (NATO standards)
- RTCA DO160
- On-site Electromagnetic surveys; EMC and Electromagnetic fields (EMF)
- Power quality & qualification testing; MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-1399, MIL-PRF-28800
- Radio & Wireless testing
- Electromagnetic Shielding Effectiveness; materials and enclosures up to 40 GHz, comb generator emitters (CGEs)
- IEEE 299
- ASTM D4935
- Environmental Simulation testing
- MIL-STD-167; mechanical vibration of shipboard equipment
- MIL-S 901; hammer shock testing
- Body Armor testing; NIJ Standard-0101.06
- Fiber optic testing; MIL-PRF-28876 (connectors), MIL-PRF-85045 (shielding effectiveness), MIL-DLT-83526
- Electrical product safety
- Explosive area/atmosphere
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) testing
Pre-compliance and beyond-the standards testing is also available on request for the above and additional parameters.
View our full list of compliance testing capabilities
Expert Services and Training
Compliance, design & troubleshooting
Our military and defence experts have experience in a variety of applicable global compliance standards and a particular expertise in military Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and their regulations, such as DEF STAN 59-411 and MIL-STD-461. This enables us to offer a wide range of related services including (but not limited to):
- Gap analyses;
- Military standards
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) versus Military off-the-shelf (MOTS) equipment
- EMC documentation reviews
- EMC risk assessments
- Pre-compliance testing and troubleshooting
- Beyond-the-standards testing
- Electromagnetic modelling
- EMC management, planning and control plans
- Product design
- Defence declaration of conformity assessments
Radio frequency (RF) engineering & research
We have engineers and physicists who are experts in RF engineering, offering a wide variety of research and development services related to the defence and military industry.
We offer both bespoke and scheduled training courses applicable to, and specifically designed for the defence and military sector, including our five-day Fundamentals of EMC for Military.
Visit our training web-pages for an overview training courses available.
For more information, please contact your local Eurofins E&E laboratory.Get a quote