Eurofins E&E, Your Trusted Machinery Compliance Partner
Our global network of laboratories offers a comprehensive range of compliance solutions for Machinery, ranging from testing, Machinery Directive Notified Body inspection and certification services.
Machinery products are ones which have moving parts and include:
- Industrial machinery
- Interchangeable equipment
- Safety components
- Chains, ropes and webbing
- Removable mechanical transmission devices
- Partly completed machinery
European Machinery Directive (MD) 2006/42/EC
In the European Community (EC) machinery have to fulfil the health and safety requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC to obtain the CE Mark and be legally placed on the market. The requirements cover the design, manufacturing and inspection of the machinery which, once CE marked, can be moved, sold and used throughout the EC.
Where the manufacturer has not attained the required conformity mark, it is the responsibility of the importer, or the first user of a machine to attain the CE Mark.
Machinery Directive Notified Body services
Machinery included in Annex IV of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC require a Notified Body to perform the conformity assessment procedures in order to obtain the certification and then the manufacturer should affix the CE Marking and draw up the Declaration of Conformity
Eurofins operates a number of Notified Bodies (NB) for the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC:
- Germany; NB No. 0681
- Italy; NB No. 0477
- Switzerland; NB No. 1258
Our machinery Directive Notified bodies perform the testing, inspection and certifications to enable manufacturers and their supply chains to safely place products within its scope on the market.
Machinery Services we Offer
Machinery testing, inspection and Notified Body and expert services provided include (but are not limited to):
- Testing for compliance with the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- EC-type examinations of machines
- Application of safety requirements
- Determination of limits of machinery
- Hazard identification and risk assessments for machines and their control systems e.g. HAZOP, FMEA, FMEDA, FTA
- Definition of safety measures
- Application of machinery safety standards
- Technical File review for EC declaration of Conformity (DoC) and CE marking
- Assessment of user manual
- Assessment of safety and compliance of machines
- Definition, estimation and calculation of SIL and PL relating to electrical and electronic control systems and safety functions
- Functional safety assessment
- Training tailored to the needs of products and enterprises
- Machine safety relating to machines already in use
Related services include:
- ATEX equipment testing and Notified Body services
- Logic units with safety functions
- 2014/33/EU lifts and safety components for lifts directive Notified Body services
- Mobile elevating work platforms
- Medical device services
- Motorised doors
Visit our testing pages for a full list of our testing capabilities.
For more information on how we can help you gain compliance for your Machinery products, contact your local Eurofins E&E laboratory to access all of these services.