Regulatory compliance for renewable energy and associated technologies
Eurofins E&E and Industrial laboratories offer a variety of compliance services for manufacturers, installers and operators involved in renewable energies.
We offer laboratory-based and on-site compliance safety testing for electrical and electronic renewable energy products being placed on European and other global markets, including:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Laboratory-based EMC testing
- On-site EMC site-surveys to identify electromagnetic threats
- Product system and sub-system testing for equipment and apparatus intended to be integrated into a WTG, photovoltaic (PV), tidal and wave plants
- On-site EMF surveys
- Electrical safety
- Radio and wireless testing
- Acoustic emissions
Solar and Photovoltaic standards we can test to include:
- IEC 61215; crystalline silicon terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) modules, design qualification and type approval
- IEC 61646; thin-film terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) modules, design qualification and type approval
- IEC 61730-2; Photovoltaic module safety qualification, part 2
Applicable UL specific standards for North America include:
- UL 1741; inverters, converters, controllers and interconnection system equipment with distributed energy resources
- UL 6140; outline of investigation for wind turbine converters and interconnection systems equipment
- UL 485 & C22.2 No.107.1; power converters/inverters for land vehicles & marine crafts
- UL 2202 & UL 2594; electrical vehicle charging
Our compliance experts offer custom services to the renewable power industry.
Examples of how we can help include, but are not limited to:
- EMF on-site audits and assessments of installations to International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) and European Directive standards
- Assessment and guidance relating to CENELEC Technical report CLC/TR50373
- EMC Management for single or multiple WTGs, PV, tidal and wave plants as part of a fixed installation under the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
- EMC design advice and testing for high power electronics, WTG convertor and inverter systems
- Electrical safety assessments of installed systems
- Electrical safety assessments of equipment and apparatus to be integrated into a wind turbine installation
Our RF engineers and physicists at Eurofins York in the UK offer computational modelling of the effect of disturbing electromagnetic signals such as radio, TV and mobile telecommunications by moving objects, for example, wind turbine blades.
We offer a range of training courses applicable to the renewable energy market to help you achieve regulatory compliance. Applicable topics include EMF, EMC and Electrical safety training.
Where IEC standards are referred to, national and regional variations are also applicable including, but not limited to; ANSI/AAMI, UL, ISO, CAN/CSA, JIS, EN, ENV, BS EN, DD ENV and BS IEC.
The regulations and standards above are not a full list of those within our capabilities; please enquire on a case by case basis.
For more information on how we can help contact your local Eurofins E&E laboratory.