Eurofins PSS Insourcing Solutions® (PSS) is a global, award-winning managed service provider that places our people at your site dedicated to running and managing your laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project management worries.
Currently providing services in approaching 20 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, PSS also solves the challenges associated with the EU Temporary Agency’s Workers Directive 2008/104.
Do you have the workload but not the workforce?
Typically, bio/pharmaceutical companies use two types of staff—either their own employees or a temporary workforce. In today’s economic environment, fewer firms are adding employees to their payroll and instead are turning to temporary workers to meet their expanded workloads; however, temporary pharma staffing solutions pose a magnitude of challenges for the end user, including:
- Companies using temporary workers face many restrictions to avoid coemployment concerns, including turnover and continual training.
- European regulations, such as the EU Temporary Agency’s Workers Directive 2008/104, enforce equal treatment of permanent and agency workers in respect to working time, pay and other employment rights.
- Temporary scientific staffing does not work for long-term needs, as there is typically a maximum timeframe for temporary employees in each country or company.
How we can help
Eurofins PSS Insourcing Solutions® (PSS) employs and manages full-time employees to perform a defined scope of work at your facility. Our project-based insourcing solutions specifically designed to give you laboratory services support with flexible timeframes and no worries about co-employment and other regulatory concerns, at lower costs than fixed headcounts.
We infuse our more than 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services at your site, using your quality systems and equipment. Our teams will even help you set up your laboratory and validate equipment according to your SOPs and Lean laboratory practices on a project basis. PSS employees are offered Lean training as a part of the core training curriculum.
Our PSS program including onsite management, can accommodate groups of any size and we adjust the length of term to meet your needs. With our model, you typically contract with us for a minimum of two years, but the term of service can last as long as needed.
Our PSS Philosophy
We know how to find great people. We know how to take great care of them, so they in turn will take great care of our clients. That is the PSS philosophy.
Eurofins PSS Insourcing Solutions® is the leading managed service provider offering career advancement opportunities, training, development and a comprehensive benefits package. Offering these additional benefits allows us to attract, retain and motivate high-caliber employees to serve you. We guarantee our model and indemnify clients from co-employment under our practices. Our on-site dedicated leaders manage our full-time employees and scope of services with measurable KPIs and service metrics to ensure we exceed your expectations.
Why Choose PSS Insourcing Solutions®?
Eurofins PSS Insourcing Solutions® has offered this insourcing model for more than 15 years, and our insourcing partnerships have grown to more than 2,000 employees, serving customers at more than 70 different sites worldwide. This program offers significant benefits, including:
- Provides insourcing services for a defined scope of work managed by our technical leaders.
- Provides you with the security of keeping your projects in your facility.
- Solves potential co-employment issues and challenges associated with staff augmentation.
- Avoids the turnover rate that traditional temporary staffing programs face by offering job security, employees benefits, great place to work practices, and a more long-term career opportunities.
- Usually costs you less than the long term costs of your own full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package, including training and overhead costs.
- Gives you a detailed scope of the effectiveness of the insourcing program through performance management metrics and LEAN cost saving initiatives.
- Provides a resource for technical expertise and support through laboratory staff at our network of global facilities.