Textile and Leather
- Product Ranges
- Our Service Scope in the Textile, Leather & Related Industry
- Regulatory Scenario
- Global Consumer Product Testing Service Scope
- Related Fields
Apparel, Footwear and Fashion Accessories
Components for Apparel, Footwear and Fashion Industry
Home Textiles, Technical Textiles and Safety Products
Assessment & Regulatory Services
- RSL for Apparel (Regulatory or customized)
- Quality Technical & Performance Specification
- Product Safety Technical Compliance File (TCF)
- Labeling and Artwork
- Compliance testing
- Product Performance and Quality Benchmark
Consulting & Support
- Technical training & Seminars
Ensure your product meets the regulatory requirements of your destination markets.
Validate your product to the quality benchmark expected by your end users.
Chem-MAP is a ZDHC approved MRSL verification system which is fully aligned with ZDHC objectives and can provide ZDHC Conformance Level 3. Chem-MAP prevents harmful chemicals from entering the leather, textile and synthetic materials supply chain, protecting workers, consumers, and the environment.
Chemical companies, materials manufacturers, brands and retailers achieve an internationally recognised award through one of three programmes in the Chem-MAP family. Achieving a Chem-MAP award signifies the use of responsible chemicals in the production of consumer goods.
Chem-MAP is the future of chemical management in leather, textile and synthetic materials supply chains.
Eurofins’ technical managers take active part in different Standardization Committees and Industry Associations, thanks to which, Eurofins stands at the forefront of the regulatory market and is therefore able to:
- Monitor the progress of European and International Standardization procedures.
- Provide to our industry-related customers with up-dated information about the latest developments and discussions on regulations, even before they are officially published.
- Grant anticipated assessments about the position and implementation on such draft standards.
Main regulations by large or continental regions
Note that below stated regulations are non-exhaustive lists meant only to serve as introduction to the complex and constantly changing international regulatory environment. The information therein contained might run out of date by the time you view this webpage. Eurofins commits to provide updated information according to your product ranges and destination markets once you start working with any of our labs.
- Labelling: Regulation (EU) No. 1007/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Children's Products Safety:
- Directive 2001/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 3 December 2001 on General Product Safety
- EN 14682 Safety of Children’s Clothing. Cords and Drawstrings on Children’s Clothing Specifications
- CEN/TR 16792 Safety of Children’s Clothing. Recommendations for the Design and Manufacture of Children’s Clothing. Mechanical Safety
- Flammability: Directive 2001/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 3 December 2001 on General Product Safety
- EN 14878 Textile - Burning Behavior of Children’s Nightwear Specification
- Chemical: REACH Regulation No. 1907/2006
- Regulation (EC) No. 850/2004 and Regulation (EU) POP’s Regulation
- 16 CFR 303 Rules and Regulations Under the Textile Fiber Products Identification
- 16 CFR 300 Rules and Regulations Under the Wool Products Labeling Act of 1939
- 16 CFR 301 Rules and Regulations Under the Fur Products Labeling Act
- 16 CFR 24 Guide for Select Leather and Imitation Leather Products
- 16 CFR 423 Care Labeling of Textile Wearing Apparel and Certain Piece Goods as Amended
Safety of Children’s Clothing and other
- 16 CFR 1500. 48 & 49 Sharp Point & Sharp Edge Intended Used by Children under 8 Years of Age
- 16 CFR 1501 Small Part in Products for Children under 3 Years of Age
- 16 CFR 1120 Substantial Product Hazard List (Drawstring)
- California Proposition 65
- 16 CFR 1303 Ban of Lead-Containing Paint and Certain Consumer Products Bearing Lead -Containing Paint
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 - Section 108 Ban of Phthalates in Children’s Toys and Childcare Articles
- 16 CFR 1610 Standard for the Flammability of Clothing Textiles
- 16 CFR 1615 Standard for Flammability of Children’s Sleepwear
- 16 CFR 1616 Standard for Flammability of Children’s Sleepwear
- 16 CFR 1611 Standard for the Flammability of Vinyl Plastic Film