- REACH, Hazardous Substances and RoHS
- Migration and Permeation tests
- Food Contact Testing
- Key Chemical Fields
- Physico-Chemical Analysis
- In-vitro Studies
- Ecotoxicity / Biodegradability
- In-vitro safety
- Consumer research & Sensory evaluation
A lot of chemical substances are used to produce our products, such as plastics, paints, cleaning products, cosmetics, and food. Nowadays, approximately 1,500 different chemicals, that are present in consumer products of our everyday's life, are known to be toxic either to humans or to the environment.
In May 2011 after the publication of the law by members of parliament forbidding both the manufacturing and the retail of products containing parabens, phtalates, and alkylphenols, the European Commission of Social Affairs of the National Assembly voted for an additional restriction in order to ban the manufacturing of any food packaging containing bisphenol A (BPA).
Furthermore, according to the REACH directive, companies have to register chemical substances they produce or use in their products with the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) to demonstrate that the conventional use of their substances poses no risk to humans and the environment.
Eurofins supports you when you need safe and powerful products, by providing you with solutions to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements at each step of the product's life cycle, from the raw raw materials all the way down to finished goods.
Our highly qualified team develops goes the extra mile in the development of customized test protocols guaranteeing reliability, reproducibility, and traceability of results (ISO 17025).
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, among which:
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (TF-IR)
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS)
- Spectrophotometry UV/VIS
- ICP--OES, ICP-MS
- Chromatography: GC/FID, GC/
- FPD, GC/NPD, GC/MS, HS-GC/
- MS, ATD-GC/FI, HPLC provided with various detectors such as UV/VIS, DAD, Fluorescence, Electrochemical, Amperometric, MS/MS
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR and SNIF-NMR®)
- Real time PCR
- DNA sequencer