JavaScript is disabled. Please enable to continue!
Mobile search icon
Information >> Ecolabels, Quality Labels >> EU ecolabel ("Flower")

EU ecolabel ("Flower")

Sidebar Image

The European ecolabel (also called EU "Flower" due its logo) is having a number of different criteria for several products and services.

Some of these include requirements on content and/or emissions into indoor air of VOC and formaldehyde:

  • Textile flooring
  • Wooden flooring
  • Wooden furniture
  • Mattresses
  • Paints and varnishes

More details such as User Guidance Manuals can be found under the links for the different criteria for several products and services.

The homepage of the EU ecolabel supplies explanations of how to apply for an EU ecolabel, including the costs for application and maintenance (different per country of application), and how to use the EU ecolabel after successful application. The application goes via a Competent Body in the respective country.

SVOC content determination for paints and varnishes is a controversial issue and is outlined on a separate webpage.

Eurofins Services

Eurofins offers documentation of compliance with above specifications on VOC and aldehydes, and some more properties to be tested.

Contact to VOC Testing Laboratories

Please see here contact information of Eurofins VOC testing laboratories in Europe, China and Japan: