Furniture & Decor
Your industry, our focus
- Domestic indoor, outdoor and camping
- Upholstery and mattresses
- Office and commercial (contract)
Furniture in the international scenario
Globalization makes it easy for consumers to pick and choose from the best products worldwide.
- Small and large manufacturers and retailers are delivering products that shall fulfill their technical specifications and be safe to the user.
- Furniture testing help to provide, not only proof of compliance with the mandatory safety requirements, but also an insight into the performance and durability of the product while being used.
The importance of safety and performance, along with the quality of the product
Even if the durability and performance assessment of furniture may not be mandatory in many countries, it provides manufacturers, retailers and customers a clear vision about the quality , safety and lifetime expectation of the assessed products.
Our Service Scope in the Furniture Industry
Physical-mechanical & performance testing
VOC emission testing
- EU General Product Safety Directive (GPSD)
- UK Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations
- REACH Regulation
- Textile Labeling Regulation (EU) 1007/2011
- Flame Retardants
- Timber Regulation (EU) No 995/2010
Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSA): Protecting the public against unreasonable risks of injury associated with consumer products
There are many industry standards which are widely followed and accepted within the market as a good reference for granting safety level and performance of furniture products.
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100
There are regulations, standards and many different voluntary schemes worldwide regulating VOC