The test of any business model is its effectiveness. We are proud to say that in only 31 years in business we have been successful, by any measure.
- We’ve grown from 4 people to about 45,000 people and more are joining us every day.
- We’ve expanded from 1 laboratory in Nantes, France, to over 800 laboratories in 47 countries across 6 continents
- We’ve steadily grown our turnover, from €6.7 million at the time of our IPO in 1997 to €2.97 billion in 2017. In 2012 we set the target to double our revenues to €2 billion in just five years. We hit this two years early and now we’re on target to achieve turnover of €4 billion by 2019.
- We’ve consistently delivered sustainable growth for our committed shareholders, who have always encouraged us to think long-term not short-term. From the 1997 IPO to October 2017, our share price multiplied 290 times, an annual average increase of 33%, Eurofins is the best performing stock in Europe, outperforming our peers and the markets and matching the very best of US tech and biotech stocks over a 20-year period.
- We now work for 9 out of 10 of the world’s leading food retailers, food producers and pharmaceutical companies.
- We’ve grown fast organically and also by acquiring 275 companies over the past 20 years – each one bringing its own unique history and bedrock of knowledge into Eurofins.
- We perform more than 400 million tests each year and offer 200,000 different tests.