Training Manager - Belgium
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
- The Training Manager will be a pioneer of the Learning and Development function of the Eurofins Group. He/she will work with the newly created Learning & Development team to define the DNA of the department, in a very entrepreneurial way.
POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
- Define and start-up the main processes : creation and maintenance of training material, management of the training catalogue, reporting, processing of feedback loops with trainees, quality assurance,…
- Setup the tools to support these processes (online training platform, training templates,…);
- Build an international network of Subject-Matter Experts;
- Create, from a blank page, an entirely new Center of Competence in education, intended to become the reference in this matter for the entire Eurofins Group;
- Liaise with all existing stakeholders of the company to coordinate and synergize training initiatives on a global scale;
- As a first practical assignment, the Training Manager will be responsible for setting up a Training Program for key employees of Eurofins (Leaders, Business Unit Managers), on a global scale, addressing a direct request from the Group CEO.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographical mobility).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Be a pro-active member of the founding team in charge of creating a new Learning and Development function within the Eurofins Group;
- Create a comprehensive, high quality and consistent portfolio of training modules intended for Eurofins Leaders (BU Managers), in a broad range of areas : Finance, Operational Excellence, Group policies,…
- Create these trainings in various formats (slideshows, videos, webinars, exercises,…) with the help of Subject-Matter Experts. The format will be relevant with regards the to the target audience to be trained and the content to be delivered;
- Whenever relevant or required, deliver those trainings (online or in classrooms);
- Manage the training catalogue using the online Learning Management System and create the process to manage the lifecycle of this catalogue (feedback loops, change management, regular updates,…) ;
- Be a key user of the Learning Management System and act as an expert to guide its configuration and evolution;
- Manage the group of Subject Matter Experts associated to the creation and delivery of trainings;
- Participate to the creation of a center of competence in education within the Eurofins Group: define a quality chart, establish guidelines for the creation and delivery of trainings within the Group, become the single point of contact for advices and guidelines on training design,… ;
- Measure the impact of the trainings deliver in his/her scope, (re-)align the content and the offer to the business needs as they evolve;
- Collect feedback on trainings delivered ; work with a continuous improvement mind-set;
- Pro-actively suggest and implement improvements to the overall department;
Required qualifications :
Skills & Experience
- University Degree from the top-tier school is desired . A Degree in Science, Engineering, or Business Administration is considered a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in creating and delivering training for a large organization is a must.
- Proven expertise in preparation of training materials is a big asset: usage of authoring software, video recording or experience in instructional design would be a vital addition to the array of candidate’s skills.
- A recognized certification in teaching or training is preferred.
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System is preferred
- Awareness and experience of processes along the value chain in a large company is an asset (Finance & Administration, Sales, Operations, IT Services,…)
- Ability to multi-task and work with a large number of stakeholders (>10) at the same time.
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written is a must. Fluency in French or German is an asset.
- Very good interpersonal skills : ability to listen, excellent oral communication and presentation skills, cross-cultural awareness.
- International exposure and working in multinational environment is a plus.
- Self-motivated, self-starter and autonomous, yet a great team player, comfortable working both individually and in a group.