Eurofins CDMO (Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization) has expanded its capabilities through Solid State Research and Development (SSRD) services in support of API developmental programs, as a stand-alone service as well as a foundation for finished dosage forms services.
With more than fifteen years of experience in physicochemical characterization of Solid State APIs and advanced Intermediates, our team of highly qualified scientists in Solid State Science (crystallography, material science, formulation) offer the following services:
- Physicochemical Characterization
- Polymorphism and crystallinity study (PXRD, SCXRD, DSC)
- Particle size distribution
- Thermogravimetric analysis
- Dynamic Vapour Sorption
- Dissolution and Intrinsic Dissolution testing
- Electron Microscopy
- API Solid Form Development
- Polymorph mapping and development
- Pharmaceutical salt screening and development
- Solvates and co-crystals screening
- Particle size engineering
- Crystallization scale-up development
To support API solid form Research & Development programs, we apply High-Throughput Screening Technology (HTST) for expeditious discovery of new polymorphs, pharmaceutical salts, solvates, co-crystals, particle size engineering and development or automated crystallization scale-up development. Some of the benefits of the HTST include a reduction in cost, manpower, time, a 100s-fold reduction in API quantities required for studies. A combination of the HTS robotic station for crystallization screening and a multi-sample PXRD equipment (Bruker D8 Discover HTS) enables concurrent analysis of up to 400 samples.