The Audit Committee assists the board in carrying out its responsibilities in relation to corporate policies, internal control, risk monitoring, and financial and regulatory reporting practices. The committee has an oversight function and provides a link between the internal and external auditors and the board. The committee is assisted as appropriate by the Group Finance and Administration teams.
The Audit Committee met three times in 2015, and once in the first half of 2016.
The main topics discussed during these meetings were:
- review of interim and full year financial statements
- discussion on new IFRS developments that could impact Eurofins’ accounts
- update on the the Finance blue print progress (process documentation) and deployment of the Microsoft Dynamics AX solution
- analysis of the risk management annual survey results and its implications in terms of control environment improvements and minimum control requirements for most risk sensitive areas
- information security policy improvements related to communication in order to prevent or minimize the risk of fraud and strengthening of security resources and business continuity plans
The Audit Committee consists of the following members:
- Fereshteh Pouchantchi (Chairman)
- Stuart Anderson
- Dr. Yves-Loïc Martin