REACH Implications for Retailers
Retailers are distributing many finished goods (so-called "articles" under REACH) containing chemicals.
An article in terms of REACH is any object that has been given a specific shape, surface or design so that it can be used for a specific purpose, where the form and design is more decisive for fulfilling its purpose than its chemical composition.
- IT devices
- Household appliances
- Wireless or radio devices
Retailers and REACH
Retailers do not have any specific obligations under REACH
- as long as they only buy in and do not manufacture their merchandise,
- as long as they do not import from outside the EU (see rules for importers),
- BUT IF the article is delivered with safety instructions, that information shall be delivered to purchaser, e.g. as element of packaging or as separate supplement to the article,
- and any end user can require a qualified information on SVHC content and safety instructions, which shall be delivered within 45 days.
It can be important for retailers to know whether any products in his shops do not contain any SVHC substances above 0.1%. In that case please follow the link to our SVHC evaluation.
For consulting on above issues and design of any test program, please contact Eurofins