Your industry, our focus
Packaging materials need to withstand severe transportation and storage conditions during their normal shelf life. Physical properties like the upset pressure of bottles and beakers, sealing strength of bags and pouches or tear properties of films are not regulated on a legally binding basis but can have a strong impact on the shelf life and the consumer perception of your product.
Furthermore, barrier properties either against chemicals as well as against gases like oxygen and CO2 affect freshness, optical appearance and haptics of oxygen or moisture sensitive foods.
Eurofins’ technical experts offer extended experience in:
- Suitability of packaging materials for their intended application
- Permeability and diffusion testing
- Sealing properties during packaging
- Identification of packaging components like polymer type, layer thickness and sealing properties
- Troubleshooting in case of failure
- Transport simulation