Dangerous Goods Packaging
Your industry, our focus
Eurofins provides the services needed for the certification and testing of packaging for dangerous goods.
Our laboratories in Finland (Espoo, Vihti, Tampere) are an authorised ADR Inspection Body by Tukes - Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency.
The packaging intended to be used in the transportation of dangerous goods must be tested and approved by an Inspection Body. The dangerous goods packaging can be boxes, bottles, canisters etc., intermediate bulk container (IBCs) and large packaging items, for example.
At Eurofins, we have the possibility to test packaging products up to a 3,000 litres IBC. The material of the packaging product can be steel, aluminium, wood, fibreboard, plastics, metal, paper, glass and combinations of it, for example.
The UN tests of the packaging products include:
- chemical compatibility
- drop test
- leakproof test
- internal pressure (hydraulic) test
- stacking test
- permeability test
- vibration test
- bottom lift test
- top lift test
Our services cover the requirements set in the following rules and regulations for packaging products of dangerous goods:
- Finnish Transport Safety Agency Regulation on the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road/Rail
- Regulations by the Finnish Maritime Administration on the transport of dangerous goods as bulk cargo by sea
- ADR, European Agreement Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road
- RID, Regulations concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Rail
- IMDG CODE, International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code
- ICAO, Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air
- IATA, Dangerous Goods Regulations, for the Air Transport