Policies & Staff
Your industry, our focus
Environmental Policy Statement
Eurofins has a well-established reputation for environmental awareness, investment and action.
On top of that, we believe that effectiveness in environmental sustainability requires an approach that also delivers positive social and economic benefits on people, communities, the economy and the future of the planet.
Key points and actions to achieve this:
- Minimizing waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promoting recycling, both internally and externally: amongst customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Implementing a training program (periodically reviewed) for our staff to maintain and raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving their own and the company's performance.
- Performing regular internal audits to check for the correct understanding and implementation of the above mentioned program.
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation of the countries where Eurofins PT operates.
- Accepting responsibility for the harmful effects our operations might have on local and global environment and committing to reduce them, measuring its impact on the environment and setting targets for ongoing improvement.
- Implementing Lean programs in our processes to eliminate wastes while improving efficiency.
- Encouraging the adoption of similar principles by our stakeholders, clients and suppliers.
- Taking a proactive position in providing sustainability assessment, including in our offer a range of "green services" by means of which our clients' corporations can implement environmental practices without disrupting the overall corporate thriving.
The Quality Management Systems are established, implemented and maintained by the corresponding QA departments in each of our units, under supervision of the Management, and are applicable to the respective fields of services and activities.
All systems, programs, procedures and instructions are documented to the necessary extend, as to enable the staff to ensure that all services do satisfy the customer's requirements.
Safety and Health Policy
Based on the fact that we consider our people as our most valuable asset, Safety and Health are of paramount importance to Eurofins PT.
Our SHP standards are consistent with international best practices and we ensure its ongoing suitability and effectiveness at all levels across the organization.
Key points and actions:
- Each Eurofins PT employee has a responsibility to minimize Safety and Health risks through compliance with regulations and internal protocols and the obligation to promote an effective SHP corporate culture.
- Management and supervisors are accountable for the health and safety of all staff at offices, labs and external worksites, and responsible to transmit to their respective teams the corresponding SOP, Code of Conduct and Safety and Health Policy.
- Every employee is responsible for his safe performance and health, and of those around them.
- Safe behaviours are an integral part of every task we perform.
We all have the responsibility to intervene -and report to the management- when we notice an unsafe condition or behaviour, within the corporate premises or during performance of our job on behalf of our clients at the suppliers' worksites or while on the road.
- Off the job safety is also considered by Eurofins PT employees as fundamental.
To this end, we take a collaborative approach:
- involving our employees in embracing this commitment;
- providing the staff with internal, regular training on the subject;
- reviewing periodically our policy statements, and operating manuals and improving systems whenever needed;
- matching our internal procedures and policies with those provided by our customers, to ensure process alignment;
- performing regular internal audits to check for the correct understanding and implementation of all above.
Eurofins PT strives to be a leading performer in our industry by embracing this commitment within and beyond our corporate structure.
Staff - Our people are our most valuable asset
The quality of our service depends clearly on the skills, capability, flexibility and drive of our staff.
Eurofins considers its workforce as the single biggest contributor to its ambition to be the leading player in the testing market.
The Company is enriched by the successful integration of many different cultures illustrated by five different nationalities on the Group Operating Council alone.
Recruitment, Remuneration and Gender Equality
The Company believes that the good selection, training, development and management of employees, in particular with regards to their competences and skill levels, have resulted in the enhancement of our operational performance. This requires high-quality recruitment and training as well as an attractive wage policy designed to encourage both the individual and collective performance. On this basis our objective is equality of treatment between male and female employees in each subsidiary within the Group.
Eurofins companies advocate equal opportunities and provide people with disabilities the same consideration as others, whether they are already Eurofins employees or applicants. Eurofins cultivates a work environment where professional advancement is based solely on an individual's aptitude, performance and contribution.
Our training programs are designed to allow our staff to keep up to date with the latest developments in the industry, as well as the fast-moving IT environment.
Collective Agreements and Work Councils
There are a number of collective agreements within subsidiaries and affiliates.
Dedication and ease of communication
Our goal is to work as a key partner to our clients to provide services that meet their requirements. We pride ourselves on our ability to listen to customer needs and develop tailor-made, yet affordable, solutions that align with customer objectives.
Our dedicated account and customer-service personnel will ensure your needs are met in a thorough and timely manner.
Customers also have direct access to our technical experts to address any needed request for clarification.
- Confidentiality handling
Eurofins’ staffs adhere to strict confidentiality standards and will not release any client information without consent.
All test results, audit or inspection reports, and any other confidential information would only be shared with the Eurofins employees directly involved in the specific client’s projects and with the approved contacts within the customer’s corporation, being handled in strict confidence and not being released to any third persons or parties without prior authorization of the client.
- Operating performance and compliance control
To ensure our staff performs their duties in accordance with the corporate values, lean processes and strict controls are deployed throughout our organization among which:
- Full management reviews on monthly basis to review all procedures, customer complaints & company operations.
- Corrective actions are worked out as soon as any departures from standards are detected.
- Continuous training programs and technical alignment across our network of laboratories.
- Technical updates and regulatory knowledge are spread via newsletters and filed into databases, accessible across the organization, ensuring that information is made available uniformly.