Eurofins | Newsflash - January 2018 | Electrical & Electronics
Friday, January 26, 2018
Some relevant technical updates regarding Electrical & Electronic products (non-exhaustive list):
Our Solution Switzerland – Electronic Cigarettes
Preliminary Draft Federal Act on Tobacco Products and Electronic Cigarettes
On 18th Dec 2017, Switzerland notified the WTO (World Trade Organization) a Preliminary Draft Federal Act on tobacco products and electronic cigarettes (the end of standstill period is expected in March 2018).
Besides Tobacco products, this new preliminary draft act shall also include electronic cigarettes containing nicotine. Certain provisions shall also apply to objects that form a functional unit with a tobacco product (Articles 17-19) and to nicotine-free electronic cigarettes (Articles 17-21).
Some highlights of the main points (not exhaustive) in this draft Act:
- Requirements for composition and emissions on tobacco products and e-cigarettes containing nicotine (including mandatory Declaration of composition and emissions as per Article 25)
- Packaging, Labeling, Information Sheet and Warning requirements as well as advertisement restrictions
- Safety requirements for refill phials and cartridges containing a liquid with nicotine
- The option for the competent authorities, to carry out test purchases (to monitor compliance with the age limit for the supply of these products)
- Obligation of “self-monitoring” for actors placing these products on the market
- Notification of products prior to placement on the market (As specified in Article 23 of this Act: “Anyone manufacturing or importing heated tobacco products, plant-based smoking products or electronic cigarettes containing nicotine must notify these to the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) for the purposes of subsequent monitoring when the product is ready to be placed on the market”).
The complete draft text can be found here.
Update Standard IRAM 2141-3
On 13nd November 2017, Argentina notified the WTO (World Trade Organization) draft text regarding Energy efficiency certification and labelling of electric washing machines for household use – Notification Reference: G/TBT/N/ARG/328
This draft notified text describes the time-limits and procedures for implementing and applying the revised Standard IRAM 2141-3:2017 on energy efficiency certification and labelling of electric washing machines for household use.
Amendment on Energy Efficiency Product Labelling Ordinance
Hong Kong adds televisions, Storage type electric water heaters and Induction cookers to list of products subject to energy efficiency Product labelling Ordinance.
Click for getting the publication.