Large and Small Household Appliances for Domestic or Professional Use
Market Access and Supply Chain Quality Assurance
Household Appliances, often referred to as large domestic appliances and small domestic appliances, is the category of consumer products which is most stringently controlled by consumer associations, retailers and end-user expectations.
Ensuring your appliances meet the market's safety requirements and deliver on their specified performance is therefore a major concern for manufacturers and importers.
Eurofins Consumer Product Testing and Electrical and Electronics (E&E) laboratories offer quality assurance and quality control for every step in the domestic and professional appliances' design, manufacturing and retail supply chain. Our unique combination of expertise, experience and global locations allows our teams to provide professional, tailor-made end-to-end solutions.
Product ranges we serve include
- Small domestic & household appliances
- Large domestic & household appliances
- Ovens and hobs and range hoods
- Storage water heaters
- Air conditioners
- Heat pumps
- Refrigerators and freezers
Household Domestic Appliance Testing Services
Compliance and performance testing* **
We offer a comprehensive suite of testing services for household and domestic appliances ranging from testing for compliance to products specific standards through to bespoke client-requirements.
- Electrical Product Safety
- IEC 60335-1; household and similar electrical appliances, general requirements
- IEC 60335-2-X; we cover all applicable standards in this series
- IEC 62233; EMF of household appliances and similar apparatus with regard to human exposure
- UL standards (US)
- CSA standards (Canada)
- Multimedia equipment product specific standards
- Information technology equipment product specific standards
- Power and garden tool product specific standards
- IEC 62133-1; secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes
- IEC 62133-2; portable sealed secondary lithium cells and batteries
- IEC 62301; measurement of standby power in household appliances
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- CISPR 14-1 / EN 55014-1; EMC emission requirements for household appliances, electric tools and similar apparatus
- CISPR 14-2 / EN 55014-2; EMC immunity requirements for household appliances, electric tools and similar apparatus
- IEC/EN 61000-3-2; harmonic current emissions
- IEC/EN 61000-3-3; Fluctuations and Flickers
- EN 50428; household building controllers
- Radio and Wireless testing
- EN 300-200
- EN 300-300
- EN 301-489
- FCC, ISED
- Other global services (e.g. Korea, Taiwan)
- Energy efficiency testing
- Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC
- Energy labelling Directive 2017/1369; (EU) No. 1060/2010, (EU) No. 1061/210
- EU regulation (EC) 1275/2008, (EU) No. 801/2013 for power consumption limits; EN 50564, IEC 62301
- ENERGY STAR® program
- Australia MEPS
- SASO 2664, SASO 2893, SASO IEC 62552, SASO 2885
- SANS 1691, SANS 1695
- Acoustic emissions testing
- Chemical Testing
- Battery testing
- Food Contact Materials Testing
- Benchmarking & Reliability
- Performance & Fitness for use
- Failure analysis
- Environmental simulation
- Digital testing
- Cyber security testing
For a more complete list of testing services available for domestic and professional appliances, view our testing services.
*Where IEC standards are referred to, national and regional variations are also applicable including, but not limited to; ANSI/AAMI, UL, ISO, CAN/CSA, JIS, EN, ENV, BS EN, DD ENV and BS IEC.
**The regulations and standards above are not a full list of those within our capabilities; please enquire on a case by case basis.
Quality Assurance and Global Market Access
Document review and protocol development services
Our expert services teams offer a full range of document reviews and development services for product development and manufacturing operations:
- Documentary and regulatory
- Technical sheets generation; compilation of regulations and markings requirements applicable per product/market
- Assistance on documentary review and set up of technical dossiers; Technical Compliance File (TCF)
- Markings review; label, artwork, instruction manual review according to legislations and destination markets
- Protocol ad-hoc development according to customer´s request and expected/intended use of the product
- Test plan/protocol generation, and evaluation of technical specifications to define Quality Control plans
- Test plan generation to assess performance and fitness for use
- Bench-marking assessment
Quality assurance and quality control services
Our teams of experts offer a range of services to help you ensure appropriate levels of quality assurance and quality control for compliance with regulator and customer-defined requirements, including:
- Manufacturing batch testing / routine and unannounced spot-checks
- Test plan and protocol generation; evaluation of technical specifications to define Quality Control plans focusing on critical points
- Construction Check
- Technical Compliance File (TCF); review of technical file according to applicable regulations and standards
- Labelling and markings review
- Audits; technical, social and customised
- Inspections; factory inspection services (DUPRO, FRI, IPC); Loading-unloading supervision; Sample picking
Certifications and approvals
A number of our E&E laboratories operate as CB scheme certification bodies and CBTLs for accessing a global markets in a cost and time effective manner. Eurofins MET laboratories is an NRTL and SCC certification body, enabling us to certify products to access the US and Canadian markets, respectively.
View our longer, non-exhaustive list of certifications and approvals or contact your local E&E laboratory for more details.
Global market access
We offer bespoke solutions to enable you to access the global markets of your choice.
Lighting Product Expert Services & Training
Our Global locations' teams of regulatory compliance experts offer a full range of bespoke services and training solutions to enable manufacturers, brand owners and retailers to achieve, ensure and maintain compliance in the most cost and time effective manner.
Training services range from free-in-house awareness courses through to full 5-day fundamentals of EMC training for consumer goods.
Expert & regulatory services include, but are not limited to, compliance checks, gap analyses, technical documentation review and preparation, design guidance and market access.
Contact your local E&E laboratory to access all of our regulatory compliance solutions, Quality Assurance & Quality Control services for small and large domestic and professional electrical appliances through a single point of contact.