Regulatory Compliance Services for the Telecommunications Industry
Eurofins Electrical and Electronics (E&E) worldwide network of accredited laboratories offers a range of regulatory and carrier specific testing and certification services.
Telecommunication equipment testing and certification services range from wireline to wireless network deployments for accessing multiple markets.
Consumer Products, Industrial Products and Data Center Equipment
Eurofins E&E offers accredited testing, certification, approvals liaison services for global telecoms equipment solutions, including:
- International directives and standards including the European Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) testing and Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB) service for accessing the US market and Foreign Certification Body (FCB) service for accessing the Canadian market
- Comcast Equipment Testing
Read more about our radio and wireless testing.
Network Equipment Building System (NEBS)
NEBS is the generic requirement for the spatial environmental, EMI/EMC, and product safety of telecom equipment. NEBS testing is required by major telecommunication companies for products that are deployed in applications such as:
- Central offices
- Collocation equipment areas
- Data centers
- Video equipment centers
- Customer premises (residential)
- Mobile Switching Centre (MSC)
- Wireless Cell Sites
We offer Network Equipment Building System testing and certification for compliance to the following:
- GR-63-CORE; requirements- Physical Protection
- GR-3108-CORE; network equipment in the outside plant (OSP)
- GR-487-CORE; generic requirements for electronic equipment cabinets
- GR-1089-CORE; electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electrical safety
- UL/CSA 62368; safety of information technology equipment with the Eurofins MET Mark recognised in the US and Canada
- Verizon, AT&T and Century Link NEBS purchasing requirements
Eurofins MET Labs is an approved Verizon Independent Testing Laboratories (ITL) and performs NEBS testing under its ISO 17025 accreditation.
Comcast Equipment Testing
Products deployed into Comcast’s networks must meet the technical testing requirements and other operational expectations. This equipment must demonstrate safety, reliability, performance, conformance and compatibility, based upon requirements of various Comcast Specifications and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs).
Comcast standards we can test for compliance with include:
- CTP-CPE-04; customer premises equipment test plan
- CTP-EPS-04; external power supply unit test plan
- CTP-HCE-120625; headend / controlled environment test plan (active devices)
- CPG-R00-100001; customer premise indoor gateway devices
In addition to testing, we also provide design reviews and other support services throughout a project.
Where standards are referred to, national and regional variations are also applicable including, but not limited to; ANSI/AAMI, UL, ISO, CAN/CSA, JIS, EN, ENV, BS EN, DD ENV and BS IEC.
The regulations and standards above are not a full list of those within our capabilities; please enquire on a case by case basis.