Eurofins | Newsflash - October 2018 | Cosmetics
Friday, October 19, 2018
Opening of a new cosmetics clinical laboratory in Guangzhou, China
The Consumer Products Testing (CPT) division of Eurofins Scientific is proud to announce the opening of a new cosmetics clinical testing laboratory in Guangzhou.
Eurofins Consumer Product Testing (Guangzhou) Co. Ltd. offers:
- Size of lab: 650m2
- 15 Highly skilled and experienced technical team with in-depth understanding of local Asian markets
- Technical support directly from our top-tier cosmetics laboratories in France and other international locations
- Lab testing under controlled environment
- High-end equipment
- Clinical studies
- Efficacy testing
- Safety testing
- Consumer Research Studies
In-vitro studies for hair care products.
Recent SCCS Opinions on Cosmetics
Following some recent Opinions of Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS):
Request for a scientific Opinion on:
- SCCS- UV-filter Methoxypropylamino Cyclohexenylidene Ethoxyethylcyanoacetate (S87) (CAS 1419401-88-9). Submission II 10 September 2018
Final opinion cosmetic ingredients:
- SCCS - Final Opinion on Skin Sensitisation Quantitative Risk Assessment for Fragrance Ingredients (QRA2) – Submission I.
Preliminary opinions open for comments:
- SCCS- Salicylic acid (CAS 69-72-7) - Submission I SCCS/1601/18 - 10 September 2018
Note: Open for comments until 14 November 2018.
California Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Act approbation
On 31st August 2018, the California State Assembly approved Senate Bill 1249 against animal testing for cosmetics.
Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist update
In September 2018, the Government of Canada updated the Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist.
CFDA proposed public consultation regarding Safety and Technical Standards for Cosmetics
On September 7th 2018, China Drug Administration issued a public consultation on the Safety and Technical Standards for Cosmetics.
The public consultation will last for 1 month, until 10th October 2018.
The complete notification can be found here (in Chinese).