The Automotive Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive 95/54/EC (AEMCD) in their latest revision 2004/104/EC is one of the European Directives which are intended to promote free trade throughout the European Union.
The AEMCD has a different approval mark from the CE mark directives. Instead of the CE logo, products approved to the AEMCD should carry the e-mark. This mark consists of a rectangle surrounding the letter 'e' followed by the distinguishing number (see list below) of the Member State which has granted type-approval.
Eurofins is accredited by the "Kraftfahrt Bundesamt (KBA)", the German Federal Motor and Transport Authority to perform measurements according to the AEMCD. All tests, reports and documents for the e-mark type approval can be handled by our specialist to fulfill all requirements.
The following list gives an overview of all necessary exhibits:
- Official Certificate of Registration of the company or excerpts from the craftsman register or corresponding documents, in the case of natural persons the official registration, confirmation or an analogous document of all participants in the type approval procedure (documents are accepted in German or English, for documents in another language please add an official certified translation into German)
- A copy of the certification documents of ISO 9001/9002 OR in case of no / unaccepted ISO certificate a Manufacturers Report (see Annex 1 of MAB document of KBA). This route requires an assessment by KBA.
- Form A3 of MAB document of KBA (Nomination of authorized Agent)
- Form A5 of MAB document of KBA (in case of KBA assessment)
- Form A7 of MAB document of KBA (in case of KBA assessment)
- Picture or photo of fix place for e-mark on the product
- Complete set of technical documentation such as circuit diagram, PCB layout, Bill Of Material (parts list), user manual, technical specifications (each number, letter etc. must be of readable quality. Documents must contain company name, product description, model number, Revision number, issue date. All the information has to be an integral part of the documents and not copied into it after printing or even hand written. Whoever prints a document at manufacturers side, must have the same document as submitted) Electronic format preferred
- Two test reports (provided by Eurofins)
- Three Appendices IIb (provided by Eurofins)
List of member state numbers:
|8 Czech Republic