JavaScript is disabled. Please enable to continue!
Mobile search icon
European National Legislation >> French Regulation on VOC emissions >> A+ and LEED

Is the French A+ class sufficient to show LEED compliance?

Sidebar Image

LEED and US Green Building Council recognize a number of programs and rating systems as sufficient to show LEED compliance. One option is to show compliance with German AgBB criteria; but the formaldehyde emissions accepted by AgBB are higher than approved by US GBC and LEED. Therefore, on top of AgBB compliance, low formaldehyde emissions of 10 µg/m³ after 28 days in a ventilated test chamber must not be exceeded - one way to prove this is that a product is A+ labelled.

But A+ alone is valid to show LEED compliance only for Composite Wood (wood based panels). For floorings, ceilings, walls and insulation, A+ and AgBB compliance are needed.

This can be read from the list of compliant rating systems on the LEED webpages of US Green Building Council - see this extract:

LEED compliance can been shown easily by labelling a product with a certification or labelling program that was approved by US Green Building Council for LEED compliance, and that is shown in the list - such as Indoor Air Comfort GOLD - or Indoor Air Comfort (because this includes AgBB compliance), if the formaldehyde emissions are low enough for French class A+. But also other programs are accepted.

Exception: LEED for Homes in Italy - floorings

For LEED Italia GBC Home V2, credit QI 3, you need to show compliance of floorings with either French class A, or with German AgBB. Please note that this is the weekest requirement of any LEED program across the world. A flooring compatible with LEED Italia GBC Home V2 credit QI 3, based on the French class A, can have much higher VOC emissions than accepted for any other LEED program at any place in the world. LEED compliance is only gien for LEED Italia GBC Home V2 in that case.

Eurofins VOC related services

Eurofins offers documentation of compliance with the specifications on emissions of VOC and aldehydes by independent and ISO 17025 accredited testing, and if relevant also with external surveillance (inspections, re-testing), and certification, e.g. in combination with the Eurofins operated certification programme Indoor Air Comfort - certified products.

Eurofins operates both an accredited and notified test house and an approved ÜZ certification body. VOC emissions testing for any program or regulation can be easily combined with tests for other regulations or labels such as Belgian VOC regulationFrench VOC regulationsGerman VOC regulationsEMICODE, German Blue Angel, Finnish M1 and US tests. Such combinations allow to save money compared with separate testing for each of these purposes. One example is the Eurofins Pan-European test package.

Certification and testing services for Ü markCE mark and the Eurofins certification program Indoor Air Comfort - certified products can be ordered in parallel for use on different market segments - there will be significant costs saving when compared to ordering these services separately.

Contact to surveillance and testing services

  • Surveillance and Certification body:
    (also DIBt approved surveillance and certification body)

Eurofins Consumer Product Testing GmbH
Am Neuländer Gewerbepark 4
21079 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 492 94 6815

  • Testing lab:
    (also DIBt approved testing body, and accredited as well as notified testing lab)
Eurofins Product Testing A/S
Smedeskovvej 38, 8464 Galten, Denmark
Phone: +45 7022 4276

Contact to VOC Testing Laboratories

Please see here contact information of Eurofins VOC testing laboratories in Europe, China and Japan: