Global Technical Leader Soft Lines, Toys & Childcare
- Start date: June 2018
- Full time and long-term position
- Based in Alicante (Spain)
- Solid Line to the Local GM (until a Global Business Line Leader will be on board)
- Dotted Line to the International Regulatory Manager
Roles of the position
Scope of Products:
Soft-lines, Toys and Childcare.
1. Technical alignment within labs
- Will lead and Managed the Technical Workgroups for the two mentioned categories.
- Assure Technical Alignment within the labs WW, launching Proficiency Testing Programmes and standardizations of Tests reports, Protocols, Methods and Standards Interpretations.
- Active participation in Standardization Comities and Industry Associations
2. Technical Support to International Sales
- Technical support to all Customer service departments in developing quotations and Global Tenders for specific requirements of customers
- Attend / Assist meetings, prepare proposals, with clients if necessary
- Assignment as Global Key Account Manager in exceptional cases
- Support to, and development of testing & regulatory protocols for different customers and different markets (in coordination with Regulatory Dpt)
- Troubleshooting (help in doubts/issues of different customers in terms of applicability of tests and regulations, lab deviations, legislative interpretations)
- International Business Line ComLims Responsible on the concerned product ranges.
- Price strategy Alignment of the concerned product ranges
3. Regulatory Support
- Chemical Assessment Tools:
- Actively contribute to promote the service worldwide, in coordination with Regulatory Dpt
- Attend meetings with partners and customers to boost this service
- Partners assessment (evaluation of possibilities of cooperation with external regulatory companies/ laboratories assessment)
- Identification of new markets/customer´s needs
- Contribution to the Regulatory Database (Compass)
4. Other, as requested by the superiors
- Technical Degree (Chemistry, Engineering,…)
- Preferably 4-8 years´ experience in Consumer Goods Quality Assurance position (Retailer, import-export companies, etc,…)
- Independent, proactive, eager to know and to expand knowledge in terms of regulatory awareness and access to new markets for consumer goods. Team player and highly developed communication skills. Ability to quickly understand and process indications from Manager and to develop projects on his/her own in an independent way.
- Good knowledge and handling of Data Bases (i.e Access) and MS Office
- English language level: ADVANCED-PROFICIENCY
- Other languages: French, German, Spanish will be highly considered
Remuneration package (consisting of fixed and variable parts, if applicable) shall be provided according to the experience, academic record and background of the candidate.