National Divisional Leaders
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
To lead and expand a Eurofins Country Division testing activities in the country along the agreed upon Strategy. Exceed business expansion and profitability goals.
POSITION TITLE (ENGLISH): Country / ND Leader
REPORTING TO: A Eurofins Business Line Director or GEVP/SVP
REPORTING LOCATION: City (Country)
WORKING LOCATION: City (Country)
NUMBER OF FTEs UNDER RESPONSIBILITY: TBD
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
- Develop Eurofins Country Division testing activities through organic growth (including outsourcing of industry / government labs) and acquisitions with the objective to double in size within 4 years (20% annual growth: 10% organic growth, including outsourcing + 10% growth through acquisitions) while meeting agreed EBIT growth objectives.
- Improve operations efficiency at laboratories and logistics (sample taking). Streamline the operational processes and make good use of IT so as to achieve high efficiency. Support the development, implementation and optimal use of the Company’s Laboratory Information Management System eLims and ensure its efficient usage at all levels of the laboratory to improve productivity and profitability.
- Increase profitability to meet best industry standards in all activities.
- Lead / take part in the marketing and sales process and ensure that the relations with the clients are good and efficient. Attend and lead meetings with key clients, at all levels and develop an in depth knowledge of customer requirements through regular meetings.
- Make sure that cross-selling synergies with other Eurofins laboratories in Europe are being developed.
- Take appropriate measures to improve economic profit, including hands-on personal commitment in addressing situations where profit levels are too low.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent Business Unit Managers, Sections Managers and Senior Leaders.
- Define and agree goals and milestones with the Business Unit Managers and section heads and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams. Set up customer centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress. Follow up as appropriate and become hands on if required to ensure achievement of goals.
- Continue to improve the technical and scientific level of the business units by ensuring the appropriate development and application of new techniques and business processes.
- Develop with the management of the companies or Business Units under his/her responsibility, fine tune and agree with the Group representative in his/her board, strategies, and a business plan to achieve and/or expand market leadership in the Country, while reaching and/or maintaining the required level of profitability. Implement the strategy as agreed with the representative of his/her shareholder.
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 years plan. Report on any deviations agreed upon results to his/her shareholders. Propose and implement timely corrective actions as needed.
- Lead / take part in Group projects / initiatives / assignments in the Country and abroad as agreed from time to time with his or her board.
- Negotiate and manage the profitable integration of acquisitions in accordance with strategic goals and decisions / guidelines defined by the board.
- Ensure that all companies he/she is in charge of have appropriate systems, work ethics and policies in place to guarantee high quality of service to clients.
- Maintain Customer satisfaction, including of internal customers.
- Guarantee and control that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being abided to, in all companies or Business Units under his/her direct or indirect responsibility, that the companies accreditations are being maintained and regularly expanded and that all employees act according to Eurofins values.
- Act within agreed spending and contracting authority limits, and set up such for people reporting to him/her and ensure they are respected.
- Lead according to Eurofins Leadership Charter and act as a role model for leadership and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Approximately 10 years of professioal experience. At least 3 years of these with full responsibility for P&L and with proven financial success, preferably in the business services sector or in a small / mid-size company operating in a very competitive / low margin sector
- Fast track track and still having the drive to excel at Eurofins.
- Excellent understanding of financial matters, thrifty and cost minded.
- Fluent English is required. Knowledge of another large European language (i.e French or German) is an asset
- Excellent leadership skills
- Academic education (at least university Masters levels) with very good grades is required.
- Hands-on leaders, hardworking doers with common sense
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Please send you motivation letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference NDL001.