Regional Tax Counsel (m/f)
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures for 2017 are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
Regional Tax Counsel (m/f)
Due to the increased complexity of tax regulations, documentation requirements and requests from local tax authorities, the management of Group corporate tax data has become more and more relevant for today’s tax departments. These needs include, among others, the preparation and the regular update of local transfer pricing documentation, the fulfiment of cross-countries withholding tax formalities, the fulfilment of Country-by-Country formalities and notifications, the managing of requests for information and claims, the computation of local tax accruals and deferred tax assets & liabilities measurement, including reconciling different official filings with management systems, analysing tax and accounting processes, extracting data and generating tax reports. The increased number of acquired legal entities within the Eurofins Group furthermore generates an increasing need for corporate structuring as well as - pre and post - acquisition integration.
The purpose of this position is to support the local Finance teams as well as the Group Head of Tax headquartered in Brussels/Luxembourg in all of the above tax areas. Geographical scope to be potentially extended to closest regions.
As Regional Tax Counsel, you will support the National Service center and liaise with the Group Head of Tax and related teams in:
- Dealing with several types of corporate tax and withholding tax compliance and reporting, including CbC Reporting and the regular monitoring of tax unities.
- Identifying risks and issues due to existing or new domestic legislations, in order to implement change on a rapid basis.
- The yearly update of domestic transfer pricing documentation, including local individual files & related forms, to align to applicable legal requirements.
- The supporting function of local tax audits and resulting claims.
- The computation of local tax accruals and deferred tax assets and liabilities, including the overseeing of the tax accounting and the reporting of tax data to Group at different times within the year.
- The assistance in general corporate restructuring including pre & post acquisition integration.
- The overall proposal and/or implementation of tax strategy ideas.
- Master in Tax Law or similar direction
- fluent in English and German
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a tax department
- excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint)
- rigorous and strong technical/analytical skills
- detail oriented
- team player with good communication skills
- dynamic, creative and proactive spirit
Taking over projects as required. We expect that with experience more and more project work can be taken over by the position holder.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com or use this Link.