IT Manager – Software Engineering - Brussels, Luxembourg, Katowice, Hamburg
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
IT Manager – Software Engineering
Summary of role & objectives:
We are looking for high-performance IT Managers with experience in the delivery of demanding Software Engineering projects and/or an impressive track record in leading an IT line-function delivering software engineering services.
Eurofins is one of the fastest growing companies headquartered in Europe. IT is delivering the foundation for all our operational success, the 60+ acquisitions we made in 2017, and the 100+ startups we founded since 2014.
The successful candidate will have deep IT skills, top-tier education, a proven professional experience in similar roles and a strong desire to deliver highest-quality results in a demanding setting at the core of our business.
In return, people hired into these roles will enjoy great entrepreneurial freedom, will get to work on high-impact transformational projects with extensive exposure to top-leadership, and will be in a position to earn fast promotions into senior business or IT roles that are appropriate for the expected performance level.
Role & objectives:
- The steering & monitoring of major projects related to building software applications across different business lines will be one of your main activities;
- Line management responsibility across the software development and testing teams in the assigned scope;
- Champion software engineering culture and ensure Eurofins IT continues to develop as a great and enriching place to work.
- In addition to the operational implementation of the IT strategy within our group, the processing of reports on the management level and optimization of the control mechanisms are part of your daily work;
- Also, the continuous performance review and identification of potential improvements with a focus on the support of IT to our core business of analytical testing will be required;
- Preparation and presentation of decision-making material for the top-management and the board.
Qualification and experience required:
- Extensive, demonstrable experience building complex software applications.
- Very good track record in the management and monitoring of software engineering projects or programs. In the steering of complex projects, the successful candidate has a confident manner, quick assertiveness and a high sense of responsibility;
- Experience in a leadership position responsible for building, motivating and leading high performing development teams (30+ people);
- Passionate about software engineering best practice include agile, continuous delivery, micro services, and automated testing;
- Experience with DevOps and TDD is a plus;
- Above-average successful completion of your university degree;
- Proven analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be able to describe multiple situations where these skills have been leveraged;
- Strong customer focused, team oriented communication skills with emphasis on building lasting, trusted partnerships through written and verbal communications with clients of IT in the business;
- Ability to have fun while working hard in a demanding fluid environment;
- You are looking for a dynamic growth environment with a lot of entrepreneurial freedom;
- You an interesting person and are fascinated by the game-changing evolution of our industry;
- You like to take on responsibility and enjoy working with senior management;
- Personally you convince through analytical and conceptual thinking skills and a goal-oriented and pragmatic approach;
- Nice to have: PhD in Computer Science, Technical Sciences or in a similar field;
- Nice to have: Experience at one of the six leading IT consulting companies;
- You are fluent in English. Additional language skills in French, Dutch or German are a plus, but not a must.
This position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals into various, senior management opportunities – within the many business lines of Eurofins globally or in the management hierarchy of our corporate IT function
Please send your resume to: email@example.com or use this Link