IT Manager for Group HQ
With over 30,000 staff in more than 375 laboratories across 41 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
IT Manager for Group HQ
SUMMARY OF ROLE AND OBJECTIVES:
We are looking for an IT Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of IT Services to all users at our global Group Headquarter in Brussels.
This role will own the rollout and ongoing delivery of service for all IT needs catering to about 200 users across various business functions at this site. All IT services are delivered through global IT teams in various locations as well as on-site by Local Field Agents.
The successful candidate will have deep IT skills, a proven professional experience in similar roles and a strong desire to deliver top-quality IT services in a demanding setting at the core of our business.
ROLE & OBJECTIVES:
- Manage information technology and computer systems and services at our office site in Brussels
- Provide support to end users at the global headquarter in Brussels
- Lead a small team of on-site agents and interface with various IT service delivery functions globally
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT operations provided by Group IT functions
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Help design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup of systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON ROLES & OBJECTIVES:
- Has run “all things IT” for about 200 business users with a small team
- Demonstrated some project management experience in preferably a global multi-cultural organization.
- Proven analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be able to describe multiple situations where these skills have been leveraged.
- Strong customer focused, team oriented communication skills with emphasis on building lasting, trusted partnerships through written and verbal communications with clients of IT in the business
- Ability to have fun while working hard in a demanding fluid environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Great knowledge of technical management, information systems and of computer hardware/software systems;
- You can show a very good track record in the management and delivery of IT services;
- You have run the end-to-end delivery of IT services for a company or organizational unit of about 200 business users;
- You have hands-on knowledge with trouble-shooting issues with software and hardware;
- You have a confident manner, assertiveness and a high sense of responsibility;
- After above-average successful completion of your degree you have gained several years of experience in a similar setting;
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or similar relevant experience;
- Expertise in small scale datacenter management and data governance;
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation;
- Experience to provide support to end-users – IT Helpdesk, IT Servicedesk, or similar;
- Ability to manage personnel in small teams;
- BS or MSc in Computer Science or in a similar field;
- You are fluent in English. Additional language skills in French, Dutch or German are a plus, but not a must.
This position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals into various, more senior management opportunities in IT – within the many business lines of Eurofins globally or in the management hierarchy of our corporate IT function.