IT Manager / Director
With over 30,000 staff in more than 400 laboratories across 41 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing a unique range of analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments.
IT Manager / Director
Summary of role and objectives:
We are looking for high-performance IT Managers with experience in the delivery of demanding software engineering or IT infrastructure projects and/or an impressive track record in leading an IT function.
Eurofins is one of the fastest growing companies headquartered in Europe. IT is delivering the foundation for all our operational success, the 30+ acquisitions we already made in 2017, and the 87 startups we founded since 2014.
The successful candidates will have deep IT skills, top-tier education, a proven professional experience in similar roles and a strong desire to deliver highest-quality results in a demanding setting at the core of our business.
In return, people hired into these roles will enjoy great entrepreneurial freedom, will get to work on high-impact transformational projects with extensive exposure to top-leadership, and will be in a position to earn fast promotions into senior business or IT roles that are appropriate for the expected performance level.
Role and objectives:
- The steering & monitoring of major IT projects and initiatives across different business lines will be one of your main activities;
- In addition to the operational implementation of the IT strategy within our group, the processing of reports on the management level and optimization of the control mechanisms are part of your daily work;
- Also, the operating and performance review and identification of potential improvements with a focus on the support of IT to our core business of analytical testing will be required;
- Realization of the potential for improvement through optimization of existing organizational structures and processes, as well as the introduction of new standards;
- Preparation and presentation of decision-making material for the top-management and the board.
This position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals into various, senior management opportunities – within the many business lines of Eurofins globally or in the management hierarchy of our corporate IT function.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Very good track record in the management and monitoring of software engineering or IT infrastructure projects or programs. In the steering of complex projects, you have a confident manner, quick assertiveness and a high sense of responsibility;
- After above-average successful completion of your degree you have gained several years of experience in a top tier consulting firm;
- Proven analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be able to describe multiple situations where these skills have been leveraged;
- Strong customer focused, team oriented communication skills with emphasis on building lasting, trusted partnerships through written and verbal communications with clients of IT in the business;
- Ability to have fun while working hard in a demanding fluid environment;
- You are looking for a dynamic growth environment with a lot of entrepreneurial freedom;
- Are you an interesting person and are fascinated by the game-changing evolution of our industry;
- You like to take on responsibility and enjoy working with senior management;
- Personally you convince through analytical and conceptual thinking skills and a goal-oriented and pragmatic approach;
- PhD in Computer Science, Technical Sciences or in a similar field;
- Experience at one of the six leading IT consulting companies;
- You are fluent in English. Additional language skills in French, Dutch or German are a plus, but not a must.