With over 30,000 staff in more than 400 laboratories across 41 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
LIMS Implementation Manager
The LIMS Implementation Manager will be responsible for initiation, management and delivery of a project software implementation of the Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) platform. Laboratories are located in North America and Europe, with special focus on European implementations for this role. The successful candidate will work directly with the Laboratory Managing Director, Quality and Compliance and other internal business and IT stakeholders to achieve application implementations throughout the world.
Key Deliverables for the Role
- Delivery of all assigned projects and programs to agreed budget, benefit, quality, timeline and scope parameters.
- Management of dispersed project teams in a matrix structure (consisting of project managers, IT and business professionals and technical teams).
- Provide direction to local Laboratory project leaders on effective planning including organizing Governance reporting and management review of each active laboratory project.
- Identify key critical actions for IT Software to address risk and active issues during implementation to assure effective startup of new system.
Competencies & Experience required
- Minimum of 8 years IT project management experience with a proven track record in the delivery of IT enabled business change.
- Certification in project management is highly desired.
- Experience at a senior level in project/program management in a mature organization is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multi-disciplinary, cross functional teams (IT and business professionals and contractors) to deliver projects safely, on time and within budget.
- Must have experience as an IT Project Manager through the full life-cycle of the project (from project initiation to implementation) with a detailed knowledge of SDLC.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management and communication skills to build impact and influence.
Experience of vendor management of major software vendors and system integrators.
- Travel to major European cities which have laboratories 50-70%. Travel to United states, Australia and other countries upon request.
- Experience of delivery of life science projects to comply with GAMP 5, GxP and FDA 21 CRF part 11 validation regulations.
- Experience of motivating and leading project teams and multiple concurrent projects (in a matrix organization).
- Ability to work on own initiative when setting up and delivering projects.
- Teamwork, collaboration and the ability to build effective partnerships with both business and IT stakeholders at all levels of an organization is an essential requirement of this role.
- English language required, French or German languages desired.
- Bachelor degree in IT/Computer Science, Information Science, business, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8+ years senior experience managing IT Projects.
- PMP or related project management qualification is essential.
- Healthcare / Pharmaceutical / Regulatory experience would also be advantageous.
- Proven ability to manage dispersed teams (consisting of project managers, IT and business professionals and technical teams).