Group IT Cognos Project Manager
With over 30,000 staff in more than 400 laboratories across 41 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Group IT Cognos Project Manager
Lead the Group IT Cognos area across Eurofins global footprint. Define and deliver the global Cognos roadmap, including the deployment of projects, maintenance of the existing capabilities. Development of a team of 4 people in the direct reporting line and > 20 resources and stakeholders globally.
Job description / Target audience
The Group IT Cognos Project Manager is responsible for:
- Manage Cognos platform evolution global program. Lead the maintenance of the Cognos Platform, ensuring the adherence to Eurofins standard IT-solution processes and service levels.
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the Eurofins Global Core Solution.
- Developing Cognos TM1 as the Group Financial and Management Reporting tool.
- Overall accountability of the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Group Financial Reports in TM1.
- Liaise with Eurofins Group Finance and Business leads to analyze & understand financial reporting requirements. Based on this analysis, work in conjunction with the team to propose Cognos TM1 based reporting solutions.
- Overall accountability of the Cognos Business Intelligence (BI), including design, development, implementation and maintenance of Group Financial Reports in BI connected to TM1.
- Lead of the Global Cognos IT Support Team for the proper support & training of the TM1 and Cognos BI user community.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate and facilitate the adoption of new processes, solutions, and tools, by the key business users and stakeholders.
- Liaise with the National and Global Executive Management.
The Group IT Cognos Program Manager will work closely with the Group Accounting Team in Nantes, the Group Reporting Team in Katowice and the Group Controlling Team in Brussels to coordinate, translate in detailed specifications the needs in the Reporting processes & Budget improvements.
The Group IT Cognos Program Manager will directly supervise and manage a team of 4 internal persons:
- Global Cognos TM1 & BI Business Analyst Lead
- Global Cognos TM1 Developer
- Global Cognos BI Developer
- Global Cognos Technical Architect
In addition to the above, the Group IT Cognos Program Manager will also lead the external parties (consulting companies, independent contracts) that shall be appointed for the delivery of the different projects / programs within the Cognos Global roadmap.
- M.Sc., B.E. or equivalent in Information Technology or comparable field (Applied Math, Engineering, business degree with integrated IT, etc.). Alternatively: a business degree or unrelated higher degree with according technical work experience.
- IBM Cognos TM1 / BI certificates will be considered a plus.
- Certified Scrum master will be considered a plus.
- PM Certification like PMP or Prince2 will be considered a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both at business level and technical level (e.g. architects, developers).
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Highly developed problem solving skills, tenacity, drive, proactive, creativity, planning and organizational abilities, strong improvement focus, and ability to work in a fast-evolving and fast paced environment.
- Strategic thinking: capacity to identify business needs and transform them into a strategic plan. Identifies solutions and selects the best combination of practices by taking an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Experience of delivering complex programs and managing multicultural and distributed teams within global organizations with many stakeholders.
- Builds trust with colleagues.
- Results oriented: demonstrate a “can-do” attitude – adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness. Sets up high personal standards of performance, seeks out new challenges and initiates activities.
- Team player: involves others, shares knowledge and seeks opportunities for cross functional working and collaboration.
- People developer: builds knowledge and expertise in his/her teams, and acts as a role model.
- Flexibility: Adapts to situations and different/multicultural environments, revises plans and decisions in the light of new information and changing circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- At least 5 years of experience in IBM Cognos TM1/BI/CAFE functional and/or technical roles.
- At least 3 years of experience in a related role Program Management in an IT context.
- At least 10 years of overall experience in the implementation of EPM software (IBM TM1, Oracle Hyperion Essbase/ HFM, SAP BPC or BFC).
- Experience in at least three full implementations of Cognos TM1/BI projects with emphasis on defining customer requirements and needs (e.g. ex-consultant in Accenture).
- Experience in Cognos data management and process design.
- Proven experience in the design and creation of detailed technical analysis and functional/technical requirements to ensure the successful delivery and support of various TM1/BI applications.
- Proven experience in designing and managing a complex project roadmap/pipeline.
- Proven experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven experience in working with near-shore and off-shore teams.
- Excellent understanding of potential impacts on cross functional processes.
- Excellent command of Microsoft solutions (MS Office package, MS Project, MS Visio).
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies will be considered plus.
- IBM Cognos certifications (e.g. IBM Certified Advanced Solution Expert - Cognos TM1 or BI) will be considered a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work in an international environment;
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities;
- Very good communication skills in English (concise writing and orally convincing);
- Very structured with strong organisational skills;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner in a fast changing organization;
- Very good interpersonal relation skills at all levels of the organisation;
- Very good presentation skills;
- Very good time management skills;
- Hands on attitude, showing initiative;
- Process oriented;
- High level of energy, drive and passion to succeed;
- Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable;
- Attention to details.
- English (Excellent command required in both oral and written English).
- Other European languages will be considered a plus.
- The candidate must be allowed to work in the European Union.
- The candidate must be will to travel 20-50% of time.