eCommerce Solution Architect
With over 30,000 staff in more than 400 laboratories across 41 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
eCommerce Solution Architect
Eurofins OnLine (EOL) is a customer facing web site that allows Eurofins to provide online services to select customers across business lines and geographies. To support Eurofins high growth rate and the ever growing reliance of the business on electronic interfaces with customers, EOL is undergoing significant changes to augment its feature scope, usability, robustness, performance, and availability.
EOL development currently leverages .NET technologies (C#, MS SQL Server, SSRS), Web technologies (HTML, Angular, CSS) and a FUSE-based enterprise service bus called Eurofins Routing and Mediation System (ERMS).
To face the challenges posed by the building of enterprise scale applications with ever higher availability, traffic and security requirements, Eurofins is starting a deliberate architectural move towards governed services as the backbone of its critical applications portfolio and towards an Enterprise wide data warehouse. This position is meant to grow the capabilities of the e-Commerce Architecture Team in those two areas.
The main objectives of this position are, in full cooperation with the other members of the Architecture Team, to:
- Help the e-Commerce Team to accelerate the delivery of select EOL new functional and non-functional requirements by:
- Analysing the current portfolio strengths and weaknesses from an enterprise scale applications building perspective;
- Mapping EOL and the applications it interacts with onto a target Managed Services portfolio;
- Elaborating key architectural options, building the required information to support rational decisions from the management and the business;
- Assisting the team in the implementation of the selected options;
- Contribute to the development and institutionalization of the Architecture practice in E-Commerce group;
- Help the larger EOL Team to make the link between highest level concepts and actionable requirements;
The candidate is expected to play a very strong technical role on a wide spectrum of subjects, including projects focused at the incremental improvement of existing solutions all the way through to brand new technologies exploration, to act as a trusted advisor to management, and to develop excellent working relationships with all senior employees of e-Commerce Team, and beyond.
- Apply enterprise scale applications building best practices to the analysis of strengths and weaknesses of select areas of the current solutions portfolio,
- Deliver high quality architecture options by oneself and through collaboration with the team (including design, documentation, prototypes, validation),
- Present the management with clear options, complete with all information and advice needed to make appropriate decisions,
- Develop and institutionalize the Architecture practice in e-Commerce Team,
- Help the larger EOL Team to make the link between highest level concepts and actionable requirements,
- Assist the e-Commerce Team in implementing the selected options, promote high quality engineering of the target solutions, embrace and promote Agile practices.
- Ensure follow-up to his Manager on a regular basis and as often as requested.
- Acquire rapidly a working knowledge of EOL. Deepen that knowledge on a continuous basis, guided by the most pressing needs of assigned projects.
- Develop appropriate working relationships with IT and non-IT target groups in Eurofins. Actively support reuse and sharing within the wider IT community.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographical mobility).