Head of Group Talent Management
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. Founded in 1987 with 10 employees, we are now growing strong with over 28,000 people and are present in 39 countries. We are one of the fastest growing listed European companies. Since its IPO on the French stock exchange in 1997, Eurofins' sales have increased by 37% each year (in compound average) to over EUR 2.54 billion in 2016.
Head of Group Talent Management
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
- Partner with the Head of HR, the Group Operating Council, and senior business leaders to develop a global talent strategy that supports Eurofins business strategy based on organic growth, startups and acquisitions.
- Understand all talent challenges within the geographical regions and business lines.
- Be accountable to build up global talent capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership across areas of leadership and professional development, talent identification, succession and talent processes for the Eurofins group delivering a unified “talent experience” across the array of talent processes and solutions.
- Provide coaching and support to key leaders in the creation of robust development plans that meet succession and development needs.
- Facilitate integration of talent objectives into the divisional and country strategic plans.
- Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools.
- Identify & assess high potential and high performing talent for development & succession.
- Plan and execute annual talent & succession review process for the group.
- Facilitate individual high potential career discussions in partnership with HR partners.
- Ensure assessment tools & development plans are in place for high potentials.
- Provide oversight of all professional development, management development and leadership development in the group in collaboration with the Eurofins Academy leadership:
- Design of curriculum
- Development of training materials, facilitator guides, quick reference guides
- Delivery and implementation
- Follow-up: post training pulse check
- Partner with Talent Acquisition in the market mapping/ identification of skills and capabilities required to execute on market strategy in the short and medium term.
- Lead or participate in global projects as assigned, i.e. EVP, assessments, new workforce skills.
- Select/partner with vendors (when necessary) to develop/deliver programs and solutions.
- Leverage external networks to identify industry best practices.
- Deploy and monitor solutions & programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in a field relevant to Talent Management
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high results.
- Fluent in English; German and French are a plus, but not required.
- Strong project management skills
- Analytical, methodological and detail-oriented personality
- Results-oriented and "hands-on" approach
- Advanced facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to effectively demonstrate capabilities as a Leadership Coach, Performance Consultant and Talent Director.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization development plans
- Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel and Word
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to work independently
- 5+ years of comprehensive HR experience in talent management.
- Knowledge and experience in areas of talent assessment, succession planning, mobility, managing high potential employees and in design and delivery of programmes for management and leadership development programs is ideal.
- Experience as a talent partner to the business and in driving business results through talent management.
- Prior experience with talent management systems and learning management systems preferred.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organisation, with experience working in a virtual team and matrix organisation environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.