Business Unit Managers
SUMMARY OF ROLES AND OBJECTIVES:
To lead and expand a Eurofins Business Unit in the country along the agreed upon Strategy. Exceed business expansion and profitability goals.
Reporting line: Managing Director of Division or Business Line
Reporting location: To be defined
Working location: To be defined
Number of employees under responsibility: To be defined
POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
- Develop the Business Unit activities through organic growth (including outsourcing of industry / government labs) and acquisitions with the objective to double in size within 4 years (20% annual growth: 10% organic growth, including outsourcing + 10% growth through acquisitions) while meeting agreed EBIT growth objectives.
- Improve operations efficiency at laboratories and logistics (sample taking). Streamline the operational processes and make good use of IT so as to achieve high efficiency. Support the development, implementation and optimal use of the Company’s Laboratory Information Management System eLims and ensure its efficient usage at all levels of the laboratory to improve productivity and profitability.
- Increase profitability to meet best industry standards in all activities.
- Lead / take part in the marketing and sales process and ensure that the relations with the clients are good and efficient. Attend and lead meetings with key clients, at all levels and develop an in depth knowledge of customer requirements through regular meetings.
- Make sure that cross-selling synergies with other Eurofins laboratories in Europe are being developed.
- Take appropriate measures to improve economic profit, including hands-on personal commitment in addressing situations where profit levels are too low.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent Managers and employees meeting Eurofins preferred personality profile as described in Annex 1.
- Define and agree goals and milestones with your team(s) and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams. Set up customer centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress. Follow up as appropriate and become hands on if required to ensure achievement of goals.
- Improve the technical and scientific aspects of the business units by ensuring the appropriate development and application of new techniques and business processes.
- Develop with the management of the companies or Business Units under his/her responsibility, fine tune and agree with the Group representative in his/her board, strategies, and a business plan to achieve and/or expand market leadership in the Country, while reaching and/or maintaining the required level of profitability. Implement the strategy as agreed with the representative of his/her shareholder.
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 years plan. Report on any deviations to deliver agreed upon results to his/her shareholders.
- Lead / take part in Group projects / initiatives / assignments in the Country and abroad as agreed from time to time with his or her board.
- In relation with your Managing Director, negotiate and manage the profitable integration of acquisitions in accordance with strategic goals and decisions / guidelines defined by the board.
- Ensure that all companies he/she is in charge of have appropriate systems, work ethics and policies in place to guarantee high quality of service to clients.
- Maintain Customer satisfaction, including of internal customers.
- Guarantee and control that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being abided to, in the Business Unit(s) under his/her direct or indirect responsibility, that the accreditations are being maintained and regularly expanded and that all employees act according to Eurofins values.
- Lead according to Eurofins Leadership Charter and act as a role model for leadership and staff.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographical mobility).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- The candidate is energetic, passionate and strongly business minded professional with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience. At least 3 years of these with full responsibility for P&L (of a business with at least 50 staff and sales > 5 M€ / year) and proven financial success, preferably in the business services sector or in a small / mid-size company operating in a very competitive / low margin sector.
- The candidate works effectively in a process driven environment, has demonstrated financial success and has been responsible for the business he/she has developed himself.
- The candidate should have had a successful, fast track career, with clear career progression but has not yet reached full potential.
- The candidate is a hands-on, hard worker, doer with common sense and excellent understanding of financial matters.
- University Master Level.
- The candidate is a successful people leader, with focus on production, re-engineering and cost reduction.
- The candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, builder, and eager to make the next step