Business Line Director: Clinical Genetics
Business Line Director: Clinical Genetics
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
To lead a group of Eurofins laboratories providing clinical genetics testing services . The business segment Clinical Genetics comprises laboratories in the US, is expected to strongly expand through acquisitions and organic development. Initially, he/she will have responsibility for the combined P&Ls of most of the companies/Business Units of the clinical genetics business segment, and will functionally strongly support the success of the companies . The Leaders’ primary focus will include operational and P&L responsibility for the business, participating in M&A activity to drive growth and profitability, aligning the business strategies and operations with the broader Eurofins corporate agenda, and developing the service infrastructure to deliver the clinical genetic services in an efficient way in various markets.POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
- Leadership over the MDs / BU Managers of Eurofins laboratories and other businesses of the BL
- Act as Eurofins representative as member of the board or Managing Director (MD) in various holding and/or operating companies of the BL.
- Recruit, promote or develop talented leaders for all Eurofins Companies and Business Units under his/her responsibility.
- Lead according to Eurofins Leadership Charter and act as a role model for leadership and staff. Eurofins leadership principles give a very large degree of autonomy to each Business’ MD (within agreed upon financial and operational performance measures).
- Lead and support the development of the individual performance of the BU Managers / Managing Directors of businesses of his/her BL.
- Define and agree goals and milestones with the MDs / Business Unit Managers and as applicable laboratory managers, and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams. Set up customer centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress. Follow up as appropriate and become hands on if required to ensure achievement of goals.
- Lead the decision-making process related to large investments.
- Overall responsibility for Quality of services and compliance with all legal and contractual obligations in all businesses of his/her BL. Set up appropriate control mechanisms to detect any relevant deviation.
- Support the leaders under his/her responsibility in projects related to the building / commissioning / expansion of new and existing sites as and if agreed with the Group Executive Committee.
- Guarantee and control that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being abided to, in all companies or Business Units under his/her direct or indirect responsibility, that the companies accreditation are being maintained and regularly expanded and that all employees act according to Eurofins values.
- Actively coordinate the implementation of IT systems allowing efficient cross selling and sharing of valuable DNA databases across the Business Line, as well as building the service infrastructure for delivering clinical genetics services to certain market segments.
- Drive innovation and marketing coordinated between the companies of the business segment
- Develop a good understanding of the competitive landscape in the US, Europe and India about clinical genetics and derive actionable roadmaps to put Eurofins into a leadership position in this segment. This will require close cooperation with the leaders operating the laboratories and M&A business development.
- Corporate Strategy and Business Plan :
- Develop with the management of the companies or Business Units under his/her responsibility, fine tune and agree with the executive representative of his/her shareholder, strategies, and a business plan to achieve and/or expand market leadership in the BL, while reaching and/or maintaining the required level of profitability. Implement the strategy as agreed with the representative of his/her shareholder.
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 years plan. Report on any deviations to deliver agreed upon results to his/her shareholders.
- Together with the leaders of each Business Unit (BU) or Company, develop sales and marketing strategy with a view to win rapidly business in the areas where Eurofins Scientific operates profitably. Initiate new businesses or develop existing capabilities in segments where strong market positions can be rapidly attained.
- Win outsourcing contracts of industry or public laboratories.
- Familiarize with all aspects of Group services to ensure awareness of cross selling opportunities and avoid duplication of production capacities.
- Provide substantial personal input on sales growth and acquisition of new key clients.
- Investigate and assess potential acquisition targets and contribute to acquisition negotiations. As required take leading role in restructuring, integration and management of acquired companies.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
- Excellent academic education and grades (at least university Masters levels) (e.g. engineer) from top ranked Universities / Schools. MBA is a plus
- Approximately 10 years of professional experience. At least 3 years of these with full responsibility for P&L (of a business with at least 50 staff and sales > 5 M€ / year) and proven financial success, preferably in the business services sector or in a small / mid-size company operating in a very competitive / low margin sector.
- Excellent understanding of financial matters, thrifty and cost minded; Knowledge, or potential to understand M&A
- Track record/top athlete and hands-on leader
- High energy to drive rapid and ongoing change
- Intelligent, numerate with business acumen and at the same time demonstrate empathy for others and strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent English, knowledge of another language (French, German) is an asset, not a requirement
- Willingness to travel