Head of Direct Procurement
The Eurofins Direct Procurement House will be responsible for the Supply of all consumables (direct spend) to Eurofins Labs to drive a competitive advantage for Eurofins leveraging the Group size and Procurement capabilities. The Procurement House will own the end-to-end Sourcing of the consumables including the definition of the requirements, the development of the Sourcing Strategy and the execution of the Sourcing Process. In addition, the Procurement House will manage the contracts with the key Suppliers and manage the Supplier Relations. The Procurement House will report on Savings and Performance of the Suppliers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish the Direct Procurement House, recruit the relevant talents and implement the developed processes.
- Develop the sourcing processes ensuring compliance with international Trade regulations as well as indirect and direct tax legislation.
- Manage ongoing operations and improve the existing processes.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Degree in Engineering, Law or Finance required, or equivalent through experience - ideally with a specialization / certification in trade management/ tax / associated legal area.
- >5 years of experience running a Procurement House, preferably with direct import and/or export compliance experience in a major corporation, service/consulting company, or law firm.
- Strong knowledge on regulatory and documentation compliance requirements for a Procurement House and knowledge on Tax regulations.
- People management experience – from team set-up to team leading.
- Ability to comprehend government regulations and translate them into strategic impact on company goals.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory administrations governing jurisdictions relative to international trade, specifically those affecting the international buying and selling of goods and services.
- Knowledge of audit and assessment procedures and evaluation of internal controls.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and assist businesses in implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, communication skills, and cross-cultural awareness.
- Good analytical skills; able to anticipate problems and diffuse situations.
- Self-motivated and able to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of corporate management, functional staffs, line level employees and government officials.