Country/Regional Finance Director
Country/Regional Finance Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
To manage the National Shared Service Centre (NSC) including the following services:
- Accounting & Reporting, Finance IT, Banking, Insurance, Tax & Legal
- Payroll/Human Resources
- Manage and optimise the finance and administrative teams and processes in the respective country.
- Provide business advice, support performance projection and management, costs analysis and management.
- Integrate the Country Finance Organization into the International Finance Team and contribute actively to International Finance Projects.
- Successful completion of agreed objectives.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
Organization and Management
- Organise and manage efficiently the finance, purchase and administrative teams with the help of the Head of Accounting/Controlling and the local Purchaser. Define and assign goals to all members of the team. Control goals achievement through regular management meetings and individual meetings and implement the necessary actions, in particular when results are not in line with agreed objectives.
- Develop the finance, purchase and administrative, ranging from recruitment and smooth integration of new team member to the preparation of a budget for individual salary increases.
- Support the General Manager in all aspects related to good corporate governance.
- Manage administrative procedures for recruitment, payroll, training, holidays and termination processes.
- Generally speaking manage all procedures pertaining to Social and Labour Law as far as not already done by HR (Work Councils, Staff Representatives, Trade Union Representatives, etc.). Liaise closely with the local HR team.
- Initiate and supervise the budgeting process from giving the budget forms to the Business Unit Managers to finally deliver the budget to the Group in time.
- Supervise and monitor performance against budget projections.
- Deliver reforecast of the year end figures, if required by Group Management.
Accounting, Reporting & Controlling
- Implement reporting and controlling tools on revenue, margin, and operational expenses. Support and bring contribution to the Business Unit Managers in their business management role in general and more specifically when they set up their annual budgets. Ensure close cooperation between the Accounting and Purchasing team.
- Manage the relationship with Auditing and Accounting firms.
- Manage laboratory controlling, take the necessary actions to keep charges and expenses in line with the levels of activity and budgeted figures.
- Put in place and supervise the application of the group manual of procedures, especially build up and keep up to date the data room for the respective country.
- Ensure quick integration (less than three months) of accounting and reporting tasks into the NSC when a new lab or company/business is acquired.
Banking, Insurance, Tax & Risk Management
- Manage finance, treasury, credit lines and more generally relationship with bankers, in agreement with the Finance Director of the Holding and group authorisations (depending on split of tasks between the finance directors of the different divisions within one country).
- Supervise credit collection and litigation. Reduce the working capital needed in the respective division (payables, receivables) and control WIP.
- Monitor and improve the national insurance policies, identify areas of over- and underinsurance (depending on split of tasks between the finance directors of the different divisions within one country).
- Optimise tax position in agreement with the Group Tax Council and hand in the necessary documentation in time to the national tax authorities (depending on split of tasks between the finance directors of the different divisions within one country).
Support to Sales
- Bring a contribution to the Sales Managers in defining and implementing sales rules (financial conditions, discount, terms of payment, general terms) or when writing particular contracts that require specific financing. In particular ensure the implementation of the Group general terms of sales.
- Ensure efficient controlling of the activities of the sales force and make propositions to maximise their performance / the use of their time.
- Analyse the profitability of different services sold, business lines, clients or client groups and provide proposals to improve the sales mix.
- Lead and develop the local Purchaser/ Purchase organization in a professional way.
- Optimize the Purchase organization (follow up and improve best practices project), processes and tools, especially follow up on the introduction of the purchasing module of Microsoft AX.
- Obtain significant cost savings on consumables, equipment, investment and services with increasing level of quality on product or service, and lower delivery time.
- Ensure group wide reporting on purchase and the exact calculation of savings obtained (purchase database).
- Organize for collecting and disseminating information on purchase of laboratory equipment, consumables etc. through Intranet and consider the implementation of E-Procurement and reverse auctions where appropriate.
- Ensure the application of the Group general terms of purchase.
- Ensure quick implementation (less than three months) of Group purchase conditions when a new lab or company is acquired and improve payment terms.
Integration into and contribution to the International Finance Team
- Ensure Group Finance procedures are implemented and followed, particularly for monthly reporting and for quarterly results as well as for the Group table of authorisations.
- Contribute and manage International Finance projects on topics of overall interest to the Group involving several countries.
- Be prepared to discuss on a day-to-day basis common problems with other Finance Directors and bring solutions.
- Make propositions to the Senior Finance Director, on how to improve the reporting, controlling and finance function of the relevant division as well as of the overall Group.
- Conduct, with or without third parties, watch-over surveys on Legal new regulations or changes pertaining to Finance and Administration - Labour Law, tax, accounting, etc.- to integrate effects in terms of organization and costs for Eurofins Scientific in the relevant division.
- Take part or lead projects or activities of interest for the company or the group (e.g. new MS Axapta system introduction or build up of a finance IT function).
- More generally, report in writing to his/her direct Managers on a regular basis and as often as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Approximately 6-10 years of professional experience with deep knowledge of the finance processes
- Track record of and 3-5 years working in a senior financial position in the industry
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Fluent English is required. Knowledge of another large European language (i.e French or German) is an asset
- Academic education (at least university Masters levels) with very good grades is required.
- Excellent understanding of financial matters, thrifty and cost minded