With over 30,000 staff in more than 400 laboratories across 41 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Overall objectives :
Responsible of the accounting, reporting and financial controlling (including preparation of documents linked to audit or tax requirements) of several Luxembourg entities.
In relation with this growth of the Group and in the context of upgrading the Group Accounting Software Microsoft Dynamics to a new version, the accounting team is looking for an accountant within the corporate office in Luxembourg (currently more than 80 people are working at this corporate office).
The accounting team in Luxembourg corporate office is in charge of the accounting of more than 30 legal entities composed of holdings, service and real estate entities. The holding entities contain the participation in the various Eurofins Operating entities across the world, the Service companies provide group supporting services for these Operating entities and the real estate entities deal with buildings and the renting of them.
Specific assignments :
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager:
- For a portfolio of several entities, daily accounting from A to Z ensuring consistency with the Luxembourg and the Group Chart of Accounts and rules;
- Weekly cash reporting, preparation of payments and cash forecasts;
- Accurate and timely Group reporting, on a monthly basis;
- Inter-companies reconciliation, on a monthly basis;
- Establishment of the Luxembourg VAT declarations and reclaims of foreign VAT;
- Preparation of the statutory annual financial statements, including notes to the accounts;
- Dealing with ad hoc requests from the Group Accounting and Controlling team;
- Dealing with ad hoc requests from other Group services teams (compliance, treasury, legal or other financial directors);
- Regular inventories (various kind of inter-companies agreements, physical assets) and reconciliation with the accounting records;
- Liaison with external auditors for annual audit and tax consultants for corporate income tax declarations (providing with explanations and supporting documentation).
- Maintenance of the Corporate Data Room of the entities (including review of the completeness of the documentation relating to the participation held and follow-up of the missing documentation).
In the short term:
- Help in defining and implementing enhancements of the accounting/finance processes and procedures;
- Taking over new entities and projects.
Required Profile :
Initial Education Background :
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance/Accounting
Type and duration of previous experience:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position
Language skills and level expected:
- French (fluent written and spoken)
- English (fluent written and spoken)
- Any additional language is an asset
- Strong knowledge of accounting software (knowledge of Axapta is a strong asset).