Ion Channel Screening and Profiling with Functional Assays
Cell based assays for Ion Channels
Eurofins high quality and well characterized PrecisION® ion channel stable cell lines are the foundation of IonChannelProfiler™ services. From single-cell manual patch clamp, the gold standard in ion channel work, to high throughput 384-well automated electrophysiology instruments, we use our cells on a variety of platforms to provide the throughput or depth of analysis that matches your needs.
Advantages of Ion Channel Profiling with Eurofins:
- Cell-based functional assays for more than 60 ion channels, one of the largest ion channel portfolios in the industry, representing:
- Voltage-gated channels (e.g., sodium, potassium and calcium channels)
- Ligand-gated channels (e.g., GABA, nAChR and TRP channels)
- Focus on electrophysiology to avoid missed detection related to other methods, allowing identification of:
- Agonists, antagonists, allosteric modulators
- State (closed, open and inactive) and use-dependent blockers
- Gold standard manual patch clamp assays for detailed characterization
- Variety of automated platforms to suit a range of throughput, including IonWorks® Quattro™, PatchXpress®, QPatch® - and the only CRO offering services on IonFlux HT™
- Assays are designed to work in up to 0.5% DMSO to minimize vehicle response and maximize result consistency
- hERGProfiler™ and CardiacProfiler™ services to address cardiac liabilities
- Quick turnaround times of 1-3 weeks depending on project types
- Ongoing SAR-driven projects: approximately one week
- Fixed schedule for CardiacProfiler™ screens: approximately three weeks
Figure 1. Comparison of data generated through IonChannelProfiler™ services with published values.
Human Nav1.2 (Cat. No. CYL3032) and Nav1.5 (Cat. No. CYL3004) PrecisION® cell lines were used to generate IonChannelProfiler™ service data on the IonWorks® Quattro™ platform. The correlation between IonWorks® IC50 values and published values obtained using manual patch clamp is shown for several reference compounds. Most fall on the line of equivalence (shown in black), or within a 3-fold range of this (light blue), indicating good correlation between platforms.