Ion Channel Binding Assays
In addition to our expansive portfolio of functional ion channel assays, we offer radioligand binding assays across a number of ion channel families including sodium, potassium, and calcium. Radioligand displacement assays can be used for a yes/no interaction determination or to calculate a compound's affinity for a channel of interest. Along with functional assays, binding studies can provide an orthogonal approach to creating a complete profile of your compound's in vitro pharmacology.
Our binding assays use the gold standard filtration method to produce highest assay robustness. Our ion channel binding assays are conducted with membrane preparations produced in-house to control for the quality of these critical reagents and to ensure tight data reproducibility. Radioligand binding assays are a useful approach for monitoring potential hERG liability at the earliest phase of drug discovery. Here, the primary aims are to raise flags which could trigger follow-up studies, such as electrophysiological screening.
Advantages of Ion Channel Binding with Eurofins:
- Gold standard filtration assays
- Choose from sodium, potassium, or calcium channels
- Majority of membrane preps produced in-house for guaranteed lot-to-lot consistency
- Capacity: >10 scintillation counters
- Quick turnaround times of 2-3 weeks depending on project types
- hERG membrane preparations (CYL4039) also available for purchase for in-house counter-screening
Figures 1. Radioligand binding assays for hERG screening
A) Competition binding data for hERG ligands using Eurofins membrane preparations from hERG expressing HEK293 cells(Cat. No. CYL4039) were incubated with 3.0 nM [3H]-Astemizole and increasing concentrations of different compounds. B) Kivalues obtained compared to published data.