Eurofins Bioanalytical Services Privacy Notice
Last updated: 15 June 2018
Eurofins Pharma Bioanalytics Services is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to tell you how we use and protect your personal information. This is includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we may use, process and store your personal information. We may get that information from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us or our partners on behalf of us, in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from you with your permission and consent, or we may receive your personal information from third parties who you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
The person in charge of the control of any information obtained through this web form (referred hereinafter as the “controller” or “Eurofins”) is:
Address: Eurofins Pharma Bioanalytics Services US Inc
15 Research Park Drive
St. Charles, Mo. 63304
+1 636 362 7000
Eurofins Pharma Bioanalysis Services UK Limited
90 Park Drive, Milton Park
Abingdon, OX14 4RY
+44 (0)1235 444100
Eurofins respects the privacy of all users of its website and ensures that the personal information received or provided by you through our web forms is treated as confidential.
We collect the personal information which in requested in our web forms and that you agreed to give us.
Such personal information usually consists of:
• data about your identity such as your form of greeting, your last name, your first name;
• data about your occupation such as the name of your company and the title of your position;
• information on how to contact you such as your e-mail address, your professional direct phone, your professional direct fax, your mobile phone and your postal address;
• data about your communication preferences such as the language and channel to be used;
• data about your business interests.
You should only give us the personal information requested in the web forms and if you do not agree to provide us with this information, you must not fill in the web forms. However, if you want to enter into a business relationship with us, you should provide us with the information necessary to enter into the relevant contracts and perform the relevant services. We also use the user-behaviour tracker tool available on our CRM software (e.g. MailChimp) enabling us to know for example if you opened a newsletter or clicked on a link in order to optimise the content of our newsletters and their usability.
We may use the information we collect through the web forms for the following purposes:
- Contacting you in any means;
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions by Eurofins or our affiliates (including by sending you marketing communications);
- Process, evaluate and respond to your requests (including quote requests, documentation requests, free tests requests ), inquiries and applications (including for volunteer testings);
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- Giving you the possibility to attend seminars and trainings;
- Provide investor and customer services;
- Evaluate your interest in employment (including current or future job positions) and contact you regarding possible employment;
- Direct marketing (including newsletters);
- Entering into a business relationship with you;
- Following up enquiries;
- Ensuring customers satisfaction through sending customers surveys;
- Being able to make your rights described below exercisable.
We also may use personal information for additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection if any.
In order to process your personal data, we rely on:
- Our legitimate interests (not for sensitive data), being
- the recruiting of candidates to fill in any of our present or future job vacancies within one of the companies of the Eurofins group;
- prevention of fraud;
- direct marketing;
- Legal obligations; (regarding sensitive data, only legal obligations in the field of employment and social security law)
- Contract performance, including the continuous improvement of the services provided under such contracts;
- The necessity for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- Your consent.
5. If I give you my consent to process my personal information for a specific purpose, can I withdraw it afterwards?
Yes, you can withdraw your consent in full or in parts at any time by changing your preferences through a link provided in all emails footer.
Your personal data might be transferred to any Eurofins affiliates (which can be found at https://www.eurofins.com/). We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors to third parties except as described below.
- To service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- To companies, organizations or individuals outside of Eurofins if we have a good reason to believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- execute and enforce contractual terms;\
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Eurofins, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- To regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To third parties as part of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
Your personal data might be transferred outside the EU in case one of the recipients stated above is located outside the EU and only to countries for which:
- The European Commission has issued an adequacy decision (which guarantees that an adequate level of protection of personal data is offered in that country);
- You have given explicit consent;
- Appropriate safeguards have been provided, such as standard data protection clauses.
You have the right to ask for:
- Accessing your data;
- Rectifying your data;
- The portability of the data you provided to us;
- Objecting to the processing of your data;
- Restricting the processing of your data;
- Erasing your data.
You also have the right to complain to the relevant national data protection authority in case these rights are not complied with. An overview of the national data protection authorities is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
Your personal data will be stored for a limited period of time, determined with regards to the necessity to keep them in order to serve the purposes for which they have been collected and processed, as listed above.
Eurofins Pharma Bioanalytics Services US, Inc. and Eurofins Pharma Bioanalysis Services UK Limited will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, we can provide you a copy.
Please contact: Epdbs_dpo@eurofins.com